Hadelay Everose?

My mom’s friend is expecting twin girls within the next few days. All along she has wanted to name one of them [name]Leighton[/name] Marileigh, but she doesn’t know what she wants to name the second twin. She is leaning towards Hadelay Everose, but doesn’t know if that sounds too weird. What do you all think?
If it helps their last name is [name]Brown[/name] and her other kids are:
Zakeri [name]David[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] “[name]Zak[/name]”
Breslyn Arylaina
[name]Paisley[/name] [name]Raine[/name]
and then it would be:
[name]Leighton[/name] Marileigh and Hadelay Everose

I’d spring for [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Merrily[/name] (is that the sound she’s going for? a holiday theme?) and [name]Hadley[/name] Everose (I assume [name]Hadley[/name] is what we’re going for here?). [name]Leighton[/name] Marileigh is… well, it’s a whole lot of [name]Leigh[/name] for one name. When I read Hadelay, I would try to pronounce it Had-eh-lay or Had-uh-lay. [name]Hope[/name] that helps! :slight_smile:

Mrs. [name]Brown[/name] actually does want to pronounce Hadelay “Had-eh-lay”

I don’t like Hadelay at all, and people will just think it’s a misspelling of [name]Hadley[/name]. I’d much rather [name]Adelaide[/name].
Marileigh I don’t like either. [name]Way[/name] too much [name]Leigh[/name] in one name. [name]Leigh[/name]ton [name]Mari[/name]leigh.

However, it appears that your mom’s friend and I have drastically different tastes, so that’s a big factor as well.

Interesting. I would say something like “Be prepared for lots of confusion and mispronunciation” but I’m guessing that doesn’t scare her based on the other kiddos’ names :wink:

I agree with all the above comments. [name]Leighton[/name] Marileigh is too much, and Hadelay might be mistaken for [name]Hadley[/name]. All the suggestions so far are great ideas.

[name]Count[/name] me with the others. Hadelay Everose: Hadelay would be mistaken often for [name]Hadley[/name] (or a unique spelling for [name]Hadley[/name]). And I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Hadley[/name], so I see no reason to play with the spelling or pronunciation. (And Hadelay just looks like a made-up name.) Everose isn’t something I’d use, but it’s a mn and more unique names fit that spot well. [name]Leighton[/name] Marileigh: I like [name]Leighton[/name], I do kindof prefer it for a boy, but I think it could work on a girl. Marileigh just adds a bit too much ‘leigh’ for me. Maybe [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Primrose[/name]. It would give a connection between the girls and take care of the ‘leigh’ heavy connection with the second name.

I agree with a lot of the previous posters. Hadelay is going to be mistaken for [name]Hadley[/name] (which is getting popular.) [name]Leighton[/name] isn’t too bad- I’d like to hear it on a boy, but it works for girls too- but it’s an overuse of [name]Leigh[/name] if they middle name Marileigh is used. [name]Marily[/name] instead? [name]Mirabel[/name]? I fell like that would work much better.

• [name]Athena[/name]

It does sound over-complicated and to use her word, weird, but no more than any of her other name choices. I think at this point, switching to something more conservative/conventional/less “weird” would almost be weirder because it wouldn’t fit in with the others. I assumed the pronunciation of lay-ton so I honestly didn’t notice the leigh-ness of it at first, but even if the names differ in sound, visually it’s repetitive. Oh and actually, now that I reexamine it, the -lay in Hadelay would be a bit much with [name]Leighton[/name] pronounced lay-.

Eugh, both of these are awful :confused: Random letters and made up names galore "-_- Is Everose supposed to sound like ‘eev-rose’ or ‘ever-ose’? There aren’t enough r’s if she wants it to sound like ‘ever-rose’.

I’d much prefer to see [name]Hayley[/name] [name]Eve[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] and [name]Leila[/name] [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Lee[/name].

Oh my! I’m a bit overwhelmed

Tell her “had-eh-lay” is not going to happen, so get used to “had-lee” or choose a different name. (And does she realize that “lay/getting laid” = sex, so maybe naming her daughter “Had a lay” isn’t a good idea?)

I like Everose. I actually have Tuberose on my mn list
I suggest Deladis “dah-lay-dis”- character from the movie Songcatcher. Deladys Everose is nice

I’m with the other folks who responded…Hadelay will definitely have trouble with name pronunciation and can expect to be called [name]Hadley[/name]. I like some of the similar names other people suggested…[name]Hadley[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Harper[/name] really stand out as great options. Everose also could be confusing…I immediately think “[name]Ever[/name] [name]Rose[/name],” but it looks like it could also be pronounced “[name]Eve[/name] [name]Rose[/name].” [name]Ever[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (two separate names) or [name]Eve[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (again, two separate names) might be less confusing, and since your friend did triple names for another child.

[name]Leighton[/name] Marileigh also has some issues. Too many “leighs” for one name! [name]Leighton[/name] looks like “[name]LEE[/name]-tun” but I’ve only heard it pronounced “[name]LAY[/name]-tun,” which I actually think is a really nice name, so hopefully that’s the pronunciation your friend has in mind. Marileigh could be “[name]Mary[/name] [name]Lee[/name],” “[name]Mara[/name] [name]Lee[/name]” or even “[name]Marley[/name].” To get rid of any confusion, your friend might consider a spelling more closely associated with the pronunciation she desires or, better yet, find another middle name or first name that doesn’t cause double “leighs” in the same name.