Hadley vs Everly

Hello,
Was wondering what you thought about these two names and which was better. I love [name]Hadley[/name] because of the association to [name]Earnest[/name] Hemmingway’s wife. But does it sound too much like [name]Hailey[/name] etc? [name]Everly[/name] is growing on me. It is pretty and different, but above all. I [name]LOVE[/name] the nn [name]Evie[/name]. And unfortunately a cousin already use [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Evelyne[/name] is the name of a rather unpleasant person I know. So which would you go for and why?

I really like [name]Everly[/name] because of the meaning (I see it as a virtue name, ala [name]Truly[/name]). And [name]Ever[/name]/[name]Evie[/name] are lovely nicknames. Have you considered [name]Eve[/name], Everild, [name]Evadne[/name], or [name]Genevieve[/name]?

[name]Hadley[/name] has a pretty sound but it’s kind of predictable and boring, just another [name]Hayley[/name] and [name]Bailey[/name]. On the other hand, I think it would be great on a boy - and [name]Hemingway[/name]'s son was called [name]John[/name] [name]Hadley[/name], so the association is still there. Or you could use it as short for Hadeline - a gorgeous and underused germanic name.

[name]Both[/name] are pretty masculine so I like them on boys. [name]Everly[/name] is the only one of the two that I also like for a girl. I like [name]Ever[/name] or Ev as a nn, [name]Evie[/name] is so overused. What’s the point of giving a child an uncommon name if you’re just going to call her a super common nn?

I prefer [name]Hadley[/name] to [name]Everly[/name]. [name]Everly[/name], to my ears, sounds like [name]Beverly[/name] minus the B.

I would never choose [name]Hadley[/name] it is such a hard name and has no charisma at all. On the other hand [name]Everly[/name] is a pretty and appealing name, so it is no contest [name]Everly[/name] is my choice.

rollo

[name]Everly[/name]! I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Everly[/name]. [name]Hadley[/name]'s nice too, but too popular [name]IMO[/name].

[name]Everly[/name] looks as if someone misspelled [name]Beverly[/name].

[name]Hadley[/name] is more tolerable, but I can’t consider it a favorite.

[name]Love[/name] both names! [name]Everly[/name] is my fav at the moment - and I don’t consider either too masculine.

I don’t think either are too masculine. I definitely prefer [name]Hadley[/name] (I like the [name]Hemingway[/name] connection as well). I agree that to me, [name]Everly[/name] sounds and looks like a misspelled name. The name doesn’t sound complete to me, like someone meant [name]Beverly[/name] but forgot the ‘B’, plus, it’s too trendy for my taste as well.

I am really not a fan of unisex surnamey names. If I had to pick, I would choose [name]Everly[/name].

[name]Everly[/name] is so cute and pretty! I love the nn [name]Evie[/name] as well. Another name you could use [name]Evie[/name] for is [name]Genevieve[/name], It’s too common for me but it’s beautiful. Overall I’d go with [name]Everly[/name]!

I don’t think [name]Everly[/name] is masculine at all. I love it. It seems enchanting to me. I’m not a huge fan of [name]Hadley[/name], but I don’t strongly dislike it. I just think [name]Everly[/name] sounds much more beautiful!

I vote for everly!

[name]Hadley[/name] for me! Though unisex, I’ve always found it so charming and sweet and down-to-earth (by far my favorite unisex name ever!). I am intrigued that so many Berries really seem to love [name]Everly[/name] (especially above [name]Hadley[/name])–while unisex, [name]Hadley[/name] still seems so much more charming and classy than [name]Everly[/name] to me, which has always seemed incredibly trendy (especially with all its trendy spellings, like Everleigh!) to me. [name]Don[/name]'t get me wrong, I do like [name]Everly[/name]–it just seems like [name]Hadley[/name] has a lot more substance and class for me. So that gets my vote. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I agree I love, I mean [name]LOVE[/name] the nn [name]Evie[/name]. Though Haddie is ok too.

[name]Everly[/name]…definitely.

Personally, I think [name]Hadley[/name] is charming and classy-unique, while [name]Everly[/name] seems a little tacky and trendy. I also love the connection/importance with [name]Hadley[/name].

I prefer [name]Hadley[/name].

[name]Everly[/name]!
[name]Hadley[/name]'s pretty too, but compare with [name]Everly[/name], I will definitely choose [name]Everly[/name] (for once I considered Everleigh too :slight_smile: ).

I love hadley! my hubby has vetoed it though…