Hailey, Lia, Alina or other?

[name]Hi[/name] -
I’m due in 3 weeks and my husband and I can’t decide what to name our daughter. Our first daughter’s name is [name]Kate[/name] ([name]Katherine[/name]). We know that this new baby girl’s middle name will be [name]Kari[/name] (family name) and our last name is Kenworthy.

[name]Hailey[/name] [name]Kari[/name] Kenworthy
[name]Lia[/name] [name]Kari[/name] Kenworthy
[name]Alina[/name] [name]Kari[/name] Kenworthy

Any thoughts? Obviously can’t start with a “K”. We don’t like names that are too trendy or popular. Open to other suggestions.

Thanks for your help!

Also - What do you think of the spelling of those 3?

We are also considering [name]Marin[/name], but concerned about mispronunciation. I’d like it to be pronounced like [name]Karen[/name].
I would love to find a Scandinavian name, but at this point, I can’t be that specific. ; )

Thanks again.

With a sister named [name]Katherine[/name], I would definitely go with another classic name-- so, not [name]Hailey[/name]. It’s very trendy and dated. [name]Lia[/name] is really pretty, but there’ll be spelling issues. I would probably go with [name]Leah[/name], or use [name]Lia[/name] as a nickname for [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name], [name]Julia[/name], or any other name ending in -lia. [name]Alina[/name] is also lovely, and my favorite out of the three. You might also like:

[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Amira[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]

My favourite is [name]Lia[/name]. Its short and sweet and sounds lovely with [name]Katherine[/name] nn [name]Kate[/name] :slight_smile:

A few Scandanavian ideas:
[name]Marny[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Marta[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Tilda[/name]
Caroloine
[name]Viola[/name]

Oh and I forgot [name]Lena[/name]!
I really like [name]Lena[/name]!

[name]Hailey[/name] is definitely very awkward to me with [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Kate[/name]. There extremely different stylistically. I like [name]Alina[/name], but I like [name]Lia[/name] even more. The [name]Lia[/name] spelling is nice, but with [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Kate[/name] I prefer [name]Leah[/name]. It seems to go better for some reason- I think it makes it look a little more formal and less latinate. I also lik [name]Marin[/name], but I think the fact that it’s two syllables and ends in an “n” sound makes it a bit to close to [name]Katherine[/name]. So I’d say my first choice is [name]Leah[/name], followed by [name]Lia[/name] and then [name]Alina[/name].

Thanks everyone! No real consensus here except you all agree that [name]Hailey[/name] is your least favorite. I feel the same way, but it’s my husband’s favorite. I had forgotten about [name]Anna[/name] so that’s back on our list. I think it goes great with [name]Kate[/name], but feel like people will hear “[name]Hannah[/name]” sometimes and I’m not sure if it is interesting enough. I do think it’s a classic and sounds good with Kenworthy. [name]Do[/name] you guys think it’s boring?

My order right now is:
[name]Alina[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Lia[/name]
[name]Hailey[/name]

…of course this could change by this afternoon.

Thank you for your help! Any other thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

I love the name [name]Anna[/name]! A great classic! [name]Lia[/name] and [name]Alina[/name] are my other favorites from your list. [name]Anna[/name] is not a boring name at all - it has such literary and historical connotations, that make it a classic, like [name]Katherine[/name]! :smiley:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lia[/name] spelled this way but I have to agree with another poster and say that [name]LENA[/name] (combo or [name]Alina[/name] and [name]Lia[/name]) is my FAVE!!! Good luck!

I love [name]Anna[/name] with [name]Kate[/name]! It’s a fabulous sibset- can I change my vote to that? I also realized that I spelt “they’re” wrong in my last post- I hate these spastic edit buttons.

hmmm… so [name]Anna[/name] is rising in the ranks. Thanks you guys. Can’t do [name]Lena[/name] because a family member has that name. I do like it a lot though, so thanks for the suggestion.

[name]Hailey[/name]

This name is lovely. I am not a big fan of the spelling, though. I like [name]Haley[/name] better.
Or if you’re not big on that one what about [name]Haleigh[/name] or [name]Hayley[/name]?

[name]Lia[/name]

I think this is the prettiest spelling of the name. The name is cute.
[name]Alina[/name]
I’m not the most fond of the name.