Hallow v. Hallelujah

A new name is in town, everyone!

[name_u]Hallow[/name_u]. Noun. A [name_f]Holy[/name_f] person.

But it’s much to close to [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f], an exclamation meaning God be praised.

I absolutely adore both of these names. [name_f]My[/name_f] instinct is to say that nothing can touch my beloved [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] . . . But maybe [name_u]Hallow[/name_u] is a more usable alternative.

What do you all think?

[name_u]Hallow[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f]?

Update: my other option is Hallow Catharine.

4 Likes

I think [name_u]Hallow[/name_u] sound wise is definitely more in line with the [name_u]Harlow[/name_u] and [name_u]Marlow[/name_u] names out there

But I think [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] has the more appropriate name meaning. For can anyone be truly hallowed but God?

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Hallow[/name_u] as a name but like [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f]’s sound more :thinking: [name_u]Hallow[/name_u] reminded me [name_m]German[/name_m] word hallo, but still a nice name. I agree, a more usable alternative to [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f].

I think I prefer [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f].

1 Like

I’m torn, I absolutely love your [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] but I feel like [name_u]Hallow[/name_u] is really nice as well.

I think I would still go with [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] as it’s more joyful!

Hallow [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is the definition of a name that sounds like halloween. Nothing wrong with it(I really like the combo) but it sounds to Halloween-y. I prefer [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. But I REALLY like [name_u]Hallow[/name_u]! Combo wise, [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. Name wise, [name_u]Hallow[/name_u].

1 Like

Oooh, i really like [name_u]Hallow[/name_u]. How fun and meaningful

I much prefer [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f]!

1 Like

I’m concerned that [name_u]Hallow[/name_u] is actually too close to “shallow”. Not sure if it’d be a default bully factor. Otherwise I think it’s a interesting choice.

1 Like

I much prefer [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f]. [name_u]Hallow[/name_u] just doesn’t really sound like a name to me. I mean, [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] is bold, but it has elements that make it sound more like it could be a name, if that makes sense. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too! I think [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] just slightly wins out for me, but [name_u]Hallow[/name_u] would make a lovely choice as well, especially if you wanted something a bit more “mainstreamed” in sound, as it’s a bit close to [name_u]Harlow[/name_u], imo.

However, I do think [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] is more you!

Hallelujah is my clear front runner of the top.

Hallow reminds me of Halloween, and I feel like the teasing potential with “ hallow head” would be prominent.

I prefer [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f]! It sounds more namelike to me, and the meaning/association is clear. For [name_u]Hallow[/name_u]–I know the holy meaning, and I think the word itself has a nice sound but I think it’s less obvious the meaning you want and people might be more likely to think of Halloween or the word “hollow”.

I do like the sound of [name_u]Hallow[/name_u]. It reminds me of [name_u]Halo[/name_u]. Like other pp have mentioned it does sound a bit like Hello and people may associate it with Halloween. I also think of HP and the Deathly Hallows. :laughing:

But it has a beautiful sound and I do think it would be questioned less than [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] and would probably make a good alternative to [name_f]Sacred[/name_f] too actually.
Having said all that, I still love [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f].

I think it will probably just depend on how you’re feeling when you name your child. If you want something a bit more subtle then [name_u]Hallow[/name_u] works, if you’re feeling brave then I’d choose [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f].
[name_u]Hallow[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_u]Hallow[/name_u] [name_f]Catharine[/name_f] are both beautiful but [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is tough to beat. :blush:

1 Like

Hallow is so cool as a name! I kind of love it. Compared to [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f], though, [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] wins, surprisingly. I will say, though, I prefer [name_u]Hallow[/name_u] [name_f]Catharine[/name_f] to [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f].

Also, [name_u]Hallow[/name_u] makes me think “[name_u]Hallow[/name_u]’s eve” and of just “Halloween”, so if that’s an issue, I wouldn’t go with it.

I LOVE [name_u]Hallow[/name_u]! It’s so pretty. It sounds familiar but is unique, with a sleek sound and adorable nicknames.
[name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] is pretty, but it’s not usable as a first name. [name_u]Hallow[/name_u] is!
[name_u]Hallow[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is just gorgeous.

1 Like

Ahhh! I don’t even know! I can’t decide!

1 Like

All so lovely, but my gut says [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f].

I’m so in love with [name_u]Hallow[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]! It’s so stunning, and I really love the Halloween association.
However, I still love [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] for you! I think for you I’d stick with [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f], because I know how meaningful it is to you. In general though I prefer [name_u]Hallow[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]!

I absolutely love [name_u]Hallow[/name_u]! It was on my [name_m]Scorpio[/name_m] list last year for its Halloween association (on a boy, actually, but I adore it on a girl). I will say, I think we like it for different vibes haha. I like how it makes me think of a spooky forest on a calm, [name_f]October[/name_f] night, wind whipping through my hair and the red and gold leaves, where there might be something in the forest but might not but the mystery is what makes it exciting.

I love [name_u]Hallow[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]!

1 Like

I really like the sound of [name_u]Hallow[/name_u]! It reminds me a little of [name_u]Harlow[/name_u]! Super cute! [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] is gorgeous as well though.