Halloween Costumes

Soooo my favorite holiday is Halloween!
Creating this thread for folks to share their favorite past, present, or future family theme Halloween costumes!

1 Like

We are doing a Halloween themed pregnancy announcement and I cannot wait! Halloween is my absolute favourite too!!

5 Likes

I have a whole pinterest board dedicated to my future families halloween costumes! I especially love dressing up as Scooby Doo characters!

2 Likes

This year my family is doing princess bride. In the past we have done Scooby Doo, the Addams family and Batman characters as a group.

2 Likes

Ooooh now there’s an interesting idea, @trixiehobbit ! We haven’t done ours yet.

1 Like

@Mickeywich ooh! Who’s being what? Any ROUSes?

We did Addams Family with another family (3 and 3) when our kids were newborns – and we won the costume contest! It was awesome. The two babies were Cousin Itt and Pugsley.

1 Like

@sophia_elena ditto! Me too. I have too many boards. One for baby costumes, one for small groups, large groups, makeup heavy costumes… Its a bit out of hand :slight_smile:

1 Like

My mom is being [name_m]Inigo[/name_m], my dad is Fezzik, my brother is [name_m]Westley[/name_m], I’m buttercup, my grandparents are the old couple and my dog is an ROUS

1 Like

@Mickeywich brilliant!!

1 Like

My parents aren’t theme-y people at all, and neither am I. However, I think a [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars theme would be super cool! MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

([name_m]Just[/name_m] needed to let my inner nerd out there for a second)

2 Likes

My parents never let me celebrate halloween, so although it’s cheesy, when I have my own children I’ll probably do themed costumes (at least for the kids) until they’re too old to get away with it anymore. One of my favourite ideas is a witch and a black cat. I prefer traditional halloween costumes over pop culture so personally I won’t do cartoon characters/superheroes/etc.

1 Like

OMG, I love this!

1 Like

I love Halloween too! Last year my sisters and I dressed as the [name_m]Sanderson[/name_m] sisters and my brother was [name_u]Billy[/name_u] from Hocus Pocus. It was so fun!

I really would love to do [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in a wonderland with my family. Maybe next year. Thinking my Hubby could be the Mad Hatter, I’ll be the [name_u]Red[/name_u] [name_f]Queen[/name_f], my daughter could be [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and my son could be the white rabbit or the Cheshire cat.

Not themed but my all time favorite Halloween costume was my sons [name_m]Nacho[/name_m] Libre costume. It was last minute but turned out so good!

This year I’m really struggling to come up with ideas. Wanted to do a theme but my son really wants to be the hulk so :woman_shrugging:t2:. Anyone have any ideas for a mama and baby girl theme?

1 Like

I thought this was cute lol

4 Likes

Halloween isn’t really a thing where I live - I mean, it obviously is, but not in terms of the big family dress up stuff. A few of the littler kids dress up and trick or treat the neighbours and some houses put a pumpkin in the front garden etc but that’s about it, no adults in costumes or big community events.