Hank and Cal...need your input!

Our first son is [name]Hank[/name] (not [name]Henry[/name]) and I have had the hardest time finding another name for his brother (coming in [name]September[/name]!). Last night, we were finally going through a baby name book and I saw [name]Cal[/name] and LOVED it. I was totally sold and then thought…oh, no…everyone will think we’re way into baseball. Is that the first thing people think of? We like baseball, but it’s not our “thing”, so is [name]Hank[/name] and [name]Cal[/name] dangerous?

Any other suggestions to go with [name]Hank[/name]?

We kind of like the cowboy/farmer/old-fashioned names…others we’ve thought of:
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Gus[/name]
[name]Zeke[/name]

I’d love your thoughts!

I really like [name]Cal[/name] and it works well with [name]Hank[/name]. I have no idea what the baseball connection is.

Haha - that’s what my sister said! Only if someone is really into baseball would they know and then they’d just think it was cool ([name]Hank[/name] [name]Aaron[/name] and [name]Cal[/name] Ripken are the references). I’m just getting a little over analytical I think :slight_smile:

The reference is not too much. Most people probably won’t even catch it. And it is a good reference anyway! Any boy would love to be named after baseball stars. [name]Cal[/name] and [name]Hank[/name] are so cute together!

I agree, great sibset! I wouldn’t have thought of the baseball connection if you hadn’t said it.

I did immediately think baseball. I don’t think it’s awful, but I’m not crazy about [name]Cal[/name]. [name]Hank[/name] is adorable though.