Hannah, no longer pretty?

Curious for some thoughts on [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. I like the simplicity and sweetness of [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], but everything I’ve been reading seems to deem [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] as bland and boring. I’ve only ever met one though, so I don’t know if it’s dated or not? :frowning:

Thanks!

It’s not that [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is an unattractive name. The problem is it’s popularity (and huge usage in TV shows and films) that have made it feel… Expected. I see [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], the same way I see [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]. I feel like there are so many different and more unique names out there, that using [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] would be playing safe.

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] was really popular in the 80’s, I think because I knew a ton of them growing up. It’s a little too bland and overused to be my style but popular names get popular for a reason-- it sounds nice (if you can listen with fresh ears after all the over-use) and has a strong meaning and history.

Still sweet and pretty to me. :slight_smile:

I really like [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], despite its popularity. [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is a Biblical classic that will never go out of style.

I think it’s a sweet and charming name, but as others have said, the problem with it is it’s popularity. It is somewhat common now and everyone knows a [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], either in person or from a television show or movie. It doesn’t carry the same “specialness” that comes from over saturation. That being said, I still love the name.

I really like [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], it’s a very pretty name, it just has no ‘wow’ factor unfortunately. Like someone else says, it feels kind of expected…

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] seems pretty outdated.

For some reason, I find [name_f]Hanna[/name_f] much more appealing.

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] seems bland and boring, while [name_f]Hanna[/name_f] seems tough and sure.

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] will always be pretty. But I think when a name is popular and has been for a long time, it kind of gets harder for people to appreciate because it becomes more like “white noise” as you’re exposed to it over and over. However - since [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is still really highly ranked, I think that shows that a LOT of people find it pretty, or they wouldn’t use it!