Hannah

WYDT of [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]? I know a lot of people find it boring. But to me, since I’ve only known one [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], I love it and find it really charming. It’s a really simple and cute. And I especially like it pair with [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f], but if you have other suggestions please feel free to share. TIA!

1 Like

I grew up with three or four Hannahs. But I do think it’s a timeless name that fits in any generation. I don’t think it’s boring at all!

1 Like

I like that it’s a palindrome, but I just haven’t ever really been fond of the sound. Hypothetically, let’s say my future partner really wanted to use [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] I might choose something like… [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] or [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Greer[/name_f]!

I don’t think its boring at all but me personally, I would drop the last “H” and just have [name_f]Hanna[/name_f]. And maybe a shorter middle name because it might be a mouthful to say.

Good luck with everything!

I adore [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. It is quite common, even overused, and I probably wouldn’t use it myself for that reason. But I still find it so gentle and sweet, absolutely timeless, never a bad choice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My very small undergraduate program had three [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]’s (and this was only out of a few dozen students). I have known several more throughout my life as well. At least where I live it’s a very, very common name. That said, I do think it’s a beautiful name and I have very positive associations with it – I don’t think I’ve ever met a [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] that wasn’t a lovely person. That said, if you’re worried about popularity, at least based on my anecdotal experience, this might not be the name to go with. Although if there aren’t many [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]’s in your area, that might not be a concern.

2 Likes

I like that its a palindrome and a classic name but the only Hannahs I have known have been really crazy so I dont have very positive associations with the name unfortunately.

I prefer [name_f]Anna[/name_f] personally, but [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is undoubtedly classic and sweet. I would think someone named [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is demure.

I think it’s fine to like [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. I’ve just taught for 30 years and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is probably the name I’ve taught the most, although the Maddies and Kaityns and Emmas and Avas are up there too. I doubt there’s a teacher out there who thinks Yes! about [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], but that doesn’t make it a bad name, just familiar.

Hannah might be one of the few names of its generation that feel current enough to use, as opposed to [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] or [name_f]Brittany[/name_f] which feel too tied to the 90’s to use today. [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is such a soft, sweet name, similar in feel to [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

It’s a nice, classic name. I was planning to use it for my second and third but had boys.

Hannah is lovely! Soft but strong

I like [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]!

Hannah [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

1 Like

Hannah is actually my favourite girl name! I love how sweet and simple it is. It was definitely very popular in my area in the 90/early 2000s but I think it’s not too overused now.

1 Like