Happy Birthday to Ailsa!

You are all so kind to me, I am overwhelmed! I am honoured that I seem to be the first to get all these Birthday Treats, probably thanks to [name]Nephele[/name]'s BIRTHDAY PLANT SITE, which I urge you all to go and post your own natal day on, and then we can all send you nice things for your big day!!

Thank you all of you, and I am so happy with everyone’s good wishes - shaymin, elea, charliehotsox, and all of you who have taken the trouble to post to me.

Some of my friends grumble about “not making a fuss about birthdays at my age”, but I pooh-pooh this, and think birthdays are lovely things, and I still get excited about mine. I have said this before, but you really are a lovely, generous, funny and intelligent bunch of people out there on Nameberry, and I am so glad I took the plunge (with [name]Pam[/name]'s encouragement) to join in back in [name]July[/name].

xxxxx

Oh dear…I’ve shown up late. (but I haven’t missed your birthday yet!)
[name]Happy[/name] Birthday, [name]Ailsa[/name]! I hope whatever troubles you encountered are moving on so that you can have a wonderful day! :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] picnics, so that’s what I’m giving you!

I hope it shows up! If not…its a wonderful picnic basket filled with wines and cheese! :slight_smile:

Oh, lovely ricamaca - I lived in [name]France[/name] for a year, and I could have existed on their wine and cheese exclusively! In fact, I think I did.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

xxxxx Is ricamaca an anagram?

Nope, not an anagram. My friends in highschool called me that. My first name is [name]Erica[/name]. I was the only one who didn’t have a nn at the time so they started calling me rica (ree-ka). The for some reason “maca” got added in there one day. My maiden name started with the sound “maza”…I think it sprung from there :slight_smile:

Thanks for that, ricamaca. [name]Erica[/name] is very pretty.

xx

Hello. I came home from work today, to an interesting parcel from [name]Susan[/name] in [name]California[/name] - the kids were very excited and curious and I was not allowed to wait until the 10th to open it. It is a lovely birthday card (of a beach in [name]Hawaii[/name] - one of [name]Susan[/name]'s favourite places), AND the most delicate and dinky pair of earrings - silver, yellow jade and freshwater pearls!

THANK YOU DEAR [name]SUSAN[/name]! To think I didn’t even know you existed three months ago!! I will wear them on my birthday.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So happy you love your present, [name]Ailsa[/name]! Your present was made by a nice person who lives in
Southern [name]California[/name]. I have some jewelry that she made, too, and I love it (them, they are earrings, too.)

Okay, Miss [name]Red[/name] Ridinghood, my virtual shopping spree is complete! I tried to post a photo or two or three, but I guess I’m severely lacking in the computer literacy department. :slight_smile:

For your birthday, I’m giving you a collectors edition of [name]Little[/name] [name]Red[/name] Ridinghood, plus the [name]Barbie[/name] Peekaboo Petites Storytime “[name]Little[/name] [name]Red[/name] Ridinghood” playset. (I know, I know…That’s pretty exciting news, but I must ask you to please contain your excitement, because there’s more.) :slight_smile:

That’s right, [name]Ailsa[/name], I’m also giving you a finger puppet set of [name]Little[/name] [name]Red[/name] Ridinghood characters, complete with wolf and grandma. (Oh, the hours of fun you’ll have!) :slight_smile:

And, to top things off, I’m sending you some warm, gooey, chewy, homemade chocolate chip cookies!

I’ll come back here on the 10th to sing to you and light your birthday candles. :slight_smile:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

So many lovely pressies you’ve received from friends here!

[name]Ailsa[/name], here’s one more from me to you. A new first and middle name for you:

Marlissa Theolonise

It’s an anagram of: “[name]Ailsa[/name], Mother Lioness.”

You know what it’s for. :wink:

– [name]Nephele[/name]

oooooh! I want to make up a name for you, too:
[name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Poppy[/name]! [name]Hope[/name] you love it!

Yes, I love my new names, [name]Nephele[/name] and [name]Susan[/name]! And thank you! Maybe we should ask what other people would call themselves if they could completely revamp their name?

xxxx

[name]Ailsa[/name], did you see the birthday gifts I bought you? (Or, more accurately, did you read about them?)

I’m beginning your birthday countdown!!! Woo-hoo!!!

My last posting started this new page, which left [name]Jill[/name]'s pressies behind on the previous page! Yikes! [name]Jill[/name], I’m re-posting here what you brought, to make sure [name]Ailsa[/name] doesn’t miss it!

by jill on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:15 am

Okay, Miss [name]Red[/name] Ridinghood, my virtual shopping spree is complete! I tried to post a photo or two or three, but I guess I’m severely lacking in the computer literacy department. :slight_smile:

For your birthday, I’m giving you a collectors edition of [name]Little[/name] [name]Red[/name] Ridinghood, plus the [name]Barbie[/name] Peekaboo Petites Storytime “[name]Little[/name] [name]Red[/name] Ridinghood” playset. (I know, I know…That’s pretty exciting news, but I must ask you to please contain your excitement, because there’s more.) :slight_smile:

That’s right, [name]Ailsa[/name], I’m also giving you a finger puppet set of [name]Little[/name] [name]Red[/name] Ridinghood characters, complete with wolf and grandma. (Oh, the hours of fun you’ll have!) :slight_smile:

And, to top things off, I’m sending you some warm, gooey, chewy, homemade chocolate chip cookies!

I’ll come back here on the 10th to sing to you and light your birthday candles. :slight_smile:

Counting down to midnight! Wait – I think it’s midnight NOW in [name]Wales[/name]! [name]Happy[/name] Official Birthday, [name]Ailsa[/name]!

– [name]Nephele[/name]

[name]Happy[/name] Birthday, [name]Ailsa[/name]! I think you are asleep right now.

Thanks, [name]Nephele[/name]. It isn’t every day I buy someone a [name]Barbie[/name] storybook set with coordinating finger puppets. :slight_smile:

I smile when I read your term “pressies…” I love it! :slight_smile:

[name]Happy[/name] Birthday, [name]Ailsa[/name]! :slight_smile:

(Everyone join in):

[name]Happy[/name] birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, dear [name]Ailsa[/name], happy birthday to you…And many more!!!

Now, make a wish and blow out your magic candle:

i <----magic candle 

Have a great day! :slight_smile:

[name]Happy[/name] Birthday [name]Ailsa[/name]!

I found some videos for you to celebrate your birthday:

“Birthday” by Sir [name]Paul[/name] McCartney from [name]Red[/name] Square in Moscow (2003).

The Beatles sing [name]Happy[/name] Birthday - rare BBC recording at the [name]Saturday[/name] Club:

[name]Sesame[/name] [name]Street[/name] - [name]Ernie[/name] Sings [name]Happy[/name] Birthday to U

“[name]Praise[/name] You” by Fatboy Slim

Penblwydd hapus i chi! [name]AILSA[/name]!!

I’m celebrating both your birthday and your new middle name! Check out the Crayon thread. :wink:

– [name]Nephele[/name]