Happy Birthday to Jacjac!

[name]Happy[/name] Birthday (Nov. 29th) to Jacjac!

Because I’m late posting your birthday greeting, Jacjac, you get a special and very valuable, museum-quality, virtual birthday gift. I present you with this elaborately carved carousel lion, which was exhibited two years ago at the American Folk [name]Art[/name] Museum (45 [name]West[/name] 53rd [name]Street[/name], Manhattan):

Jewish woodcarvers, having learned their artisan skills in the shtetls of Central and Eastern Europe, immigrated to the U.S. and found a niche for themselves in this craft which is now defined as an American folk art. The skills, which these Jewish artisans brought with them, had been acquired in carving the elaborate lions and eagles for the Torah arks of their European synagogues. The artisans made a transition from the holy to the secular when they turned these skills here in the U.S. to carving the fanciful wooden animals that graced many a carousel at Coney Island and elsewhere.

[name]May[/name] your valuable, folk art carousel lion make a nice conversation piece in your home, and I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

– [name]Nephele[/name]
P.S.
Anyone who wants to join the Birthday List, go to this url:

Woo-hoo!!! [name]Happy[/name] Birthday, JacJac!!! :slight_smile:

To celebrate your special day, I’m giving you three Shrinky Dinks, a sea monkey kit, 7 pipe cleaners, a [name]Baby[/name] Alive doll, a bowl of chicken and wild rice soup, four flower stickers (with googley eyes), and a vintage LeMutt stuffed dog. And because this is the season for giving, I’m also throwing in a pair of roller skates.

It’s time for your birthday song!

[name]Happy[/name] Birthday to you, [name]Happy[/name] Birthday to you…[name]Happy[/name] Birthday, dear JacJac, [name]Happy[/name] Birthday to you!!! And many more…

Now, make a wish and blow out your candle:

i<---- JacJac’s candle

I hope you had a great day! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] jacjac,
[name]Happy[/name] birthday. I just sent an antique silver dresser set complete with vanity tray, Comb, brush, and mirror and some pina colada scented bubble bath to soak in so you can pamper yourself on your birthday. Oh yeah, also some Lady [name]Godiva[/name] chocolates to pop in your mouth while you are soaking and an aromatherapy candle for the side of the tub. So, relax and think about names all you want!!!

awwww, totally unexpected thanks! :smiley:

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, JacJac! :slight_smile: