Hard to please husband! Help!

We are pregnant with our first and it seems to be impossible for me to choose a name my husband likes! It’s a boy, and I really like short masculine names. Like: [name]Dax[/name] Titan Caz Nox and even some longer names with short nn like: [name]Calloway[/name] ([name]Cal[/name]) [name]Beckett[/name] (beck) [name]Thaddeus[/name] ([name]Thad[/name]) but I can’t seem to get the stubborn hubby on board with any of these! He likes: [name]Hurst[/name] [name]Taiden[/name] [name]Huxley[/name] (nn [name]Huck[/name]) [name]Roper[/name] and Tetin. I like these but am not totally sure about them. Tell me your favorite and if you have any ideas pile them on! Thanks ladies!

I like all of the names in your “longer names with a short nn” category. I think that [name]Calloway[/name] “[name]Cal[/name]”, [name]Beckett[/name] “[name]Beck[/name]”, and [name]Thaddeus[/name] “[name]Thad[/name]” are all awesome.

[name]Hurst[/name] is really bad. It makes me think “worst” and “bratwurst.” I think that there’s a lot of teasing postential there, and I honestly just don’t quite get the appeal of [name]Hurst[/name] as a sound to begin with.

[name]How[/name] do you pronounce Tetin? It’s interesting that he likes Tetin but can’t get on board with Titan.

I do like [name]Huxley[/name] “[name]Huck[/name]”.

What is it about the names that your husband likes or dislikes? It seems like he’s okay with a longer name with a nn and you are too so this seems to be the area where you all should focus. What about just using [name]Huxley[/name] nn [name]Huck[/name]-- it seems to be similar to names that you like.

I absolutely love [name]Beckett[/name] ([name]Beck[/name]) its on my list of favourites too!
i don’t like hurst at all, but huxley (huck) is a name i do like! good luck!

Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums!
please check out my post! i need to narrow down my long list! thanks

I think a good compromise is [name]Huxley[/name]- its the name he likes most similar to your style…but I suggest the nickname hux instead as a compromise for you so that you get your shorter masculine name with the edgy ‘x’ like your other 3 letter favorites nox and [name]Dax[/name]

[name]Huxley[/name] I think is definitely in the lead! He just added Dodger to the names he likes…is this too weird? Should I veto it or is it unique in a good way? And I’m hoping Beckette will be a name that grows on him and makes it on the list! Any other ideas?

Update! Can you help me find any names that end in ger or gar? He really likes [name]Jagger[/name] but we know a boy with this name so it’s sort of off limits. Any names you can think of like this?

I like Bixby nn [name]Bix[/name]. What about [name]Booker[/name] nn Book?
[name]Edgar[/name]?

I love [name]Bridger[/name] and Bixby!!

My husband wants me to think about Magnum…what do you ladies think?

I really don’t care for either naming style, but [name]Hurst[/name] is horrible. If I had to pick, I would go with [name]Beckett[/name].

While your husband might be thinking of Magnum P.I. or the gun, the name is all condom to me – which would be a major no in my book!

Seriously, Magnum? [name]How[/name] many condom jokes will be made?

I love bridger and bix! My husband wants me to think about Magnum…what are your thoughts on this name?

Magnum is really, really, really bad.

Sorry! I posted twice…oops. I really can’t seem to like any of the names he comes up with and he says no to all of mine! I never thought it would be this hard. My goal is to find a name he likes. What are your thoughts on this list. What is your favorite?

[name]Cam[/name]
Kaz
[name]Cash[/name]
[name]Chaz[/name]
Riddock
[name]Taber[/name]
[name]Berkley[/name]
[name]Blain[/name]
[name]Camden[/name] or kamden
[name]Van[/name]*
[name]Talbot[/name]*
[name]Vin[/name]
[name]Niko[/name]

From that list i like [name]Niko[/name], [name]Blain[/name]/[name]Blaine[/name] and [name]Chaz[/name]