Harold and Floyd- more help needed, please!!!

Thank you to everyone who commented on my other two posts. I wanted to start a new thread because after thinking about it last night and this morning, I feel like I really want to use [name_m]Harold[/name_m] or possibly [name_m]Floyd[/name_m]. I’d like to focus on those two names rather than trying to find alternatives to throw at DH. I’d like to find middle names or first names to go with them. [name_m]Harold[/name_m] will be fine as either a first or a middle, but [name_m]Floyd[/name_m] I’d like to have as a middle ONLY. I just can’t picture telling people “This is my baby boy, [name_m]Floyd[/name_m].” It doesn’t feel right.
(If you didn’t see my other posts, [name_m]Harold[/name_m] is my Grandfather who passed this year and [name_m]Floyd[/name_m] is DH’s Grandfather. Please no comments on how you don;t like the names, they’re family names. Thanks!)

I’d like to try and and find names to go with [name_m]Harold[/name_m] and [name_m]Floyd[/name_m] that have their roots as Irish/Scottish/Welsh/English, but that’s not extrememly important, Latin names are nice, too. Here are some I’m throwing around right now, can you add anything? Our last name is a two syllable “son” name, like [name_m]Johnson[/name_m].

[name_m]Harold[/name_m] [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m] [name_m]Floyd[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_m]Floyd[/name_m]

And now the second part of my dilemma: [name_m]Harold[/name_m] always went by [name_m]Hal[/name_m], which if we choose [name_m]Harold[/name_m] as a first name cannot happen because then I would have a [name_m]Hal[/name_m] and a [name_u]Cal[/name_u]. Nope! I do not like [name_m]Harry[/name_m], either, and [name_m]Hank[/name_m] is a no go as I have a little nephew named [name_m]Hank[/name_m]. I was thinking about [name_m]Hawk[/name_m], could that work? Anything else?

Thanks to everyone in advance!!!

I love [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_m]Floyd[/name_m]!

[name_m]Harold[/name_m] [name_m]Connor[/name_m]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m] Caoimhin
[name_m]Harold[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u] / [name_m]Eoghan[/name_m]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m] [name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m] [name_u]Fionn[/name_u]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m] [name_m]Aengus[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Harold[/name_m] / [name_m]Graeme[/name_m] [name_m]Harold[/name_m]
[name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] [name_m]Floyd[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_m]Floyd[/name_m]
[name_m]Kennon[/name_m] [name_m]Floyd[/name_m]
[name_m]Ramsey[/name_m] [name_m]Floyd[/name_m]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m] [name_m]Harold[/name_m]
Bradwen [name_m]Floyd[/name_m]
[name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f] [name_m]Floyd[/name_m]
[name_m]Sayer[/name_m] [name_m]Floyd[/name_m]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m] [name_u]Yale[/name_u]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_m]Floyd[/name_m]
[name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Floyd[/name_m]

I have a nephew named [name_m]Roland[/name_m] who sometime goes by [name_m]Rolo[/name_m]/[name_m]Rollo[/name_m], and that could work for [name_m]Harold[/name_m], too.

Anyone else?

It seems like it would be very nice to honor both grandpas. Not knowing anything aside from their first names, that seems to point to [name_m]Harold[/name_m] [name_m]Floyd[/name_m].

I think [name_m]Floyd[/name_m] makes a great middle that goes with a lot of things, just like [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]. I think [name_m]Harold[/name_m] would work well as either a first name or a middle, although [name_m]Callum[/name_m] seems a lot more modern next to it as a first. [name_m]Hawk[/name_m] could work as a nickname, depending on how well your family follows directions.

However, I would probably also try to consider their middle names, their last names (if it isn’t also your last name), their favorite brothers’ names, etc to see if you can find something that has a more similar feel to [name_m]Callum[/name_m], if [name_m]Harold[/name_m]/[name_m]Hawk[/name_m] [name_m]Floyd[/name_m] doesn’t feel quiet right.