Harper for a boy?

[name]Harper[/name] for a boy, yes or no? I don’t like it for a girl at all, and prefer more feminine names.

[name]Harper[/name] was originally a boy’s name, but now its getting popular for girls. I think that if it doesn’t bother you, go for it! I think on a baby boy it would sound much fresher. Good luck!

Because [name]Harper[/name] is used more frequently for girls at this time, a boy [name]Harper[/name] would be mistaken for a girl a lot I think. And may have female classmates named [name]Harper[/name]. If this doesn’t appeal to you, then maybe [name]Holden[/name] would be an alternative?

Hmm, I don’t think it would be the best name for a boy

I think it is a great musical name, I originally thought of using that name too for a boy too after [name]Ben[/name] [name]Harper[/name]. To me it feels very masculine, but it is trendy for girls right now. I think it could be used either way. Best of luck.

Oh, if you do think that it is too feminized then perhaps [name]Hopper[/name]. I don’t think the girls have started to use this yet.

I have always preferred [name]Harper[/name] for a boy. I think [name]Harper[/name] is becoming the next [name]Taylor[/name], meaning that it’s mostly used for girls, but I find it fabulous and strong on boys. I say, use it! [name]Harper[/name] [name]James[/name] was always a favorite combo of mine.

I would say no. Of course [name]Harper[/name] was originally a boy’s name but I think that once boys names have firmly crossed over into girl territory (no matter how unfortunate this may be), it’s kind of cruel to give it to a boy who will be teased for it. Especially now that [name]Harper[/name] seems to be a really trendy name for girls, I wouldn’t use it for a boy.

I agree!

[name]Harper[/name] is a great name…I think it’s firmly planted in the girls’ camp at this point. Not to say you couldn’t use it for a boy, but I think people are assuming a [name]Harper[/name] is a girl. I think [name]Harper[/name] [name]Lee[/name] has a lot to do with that. [name]Just[/name] my 2 cents…

I have a boy cousin named [name]Harper[/name] and I’ve always really liked it for a boy. It is getting more popular for girls, but I certainly think it’s still a viable option for boys too. In my mind it’s truly unisex, not tied to one gender more than the other. I would be sure to use an unambiguously masculine mn, but I think [name]Harper[/name] is a great name for a boy.

I think [name]Harper[/name] would be awesome on a boy.

After reading back through some of these posts, I felt like I needed to come back and add some more to my post. Something that has come up here is how [name]Harper[/name] has been “taken over” by the girls. Well we can’t all just casually sit around and wait for [name]Harper[/name] to “come back” for boys. If we do that then it will never happen. It has to start somewhere doesn’t it? And besides, [name]Harper[/name] is still on the SSA chart for boys. So obviously some parents still see it as masculine.

I like [name]Harper[/name] better for a boy. But sdaly it is another great boy name taken over by the ladies. I hope the masculine girl name trend settles down soon. So I personally would not use [name]Harper[/name] for a boy at this time.

I love it for a boy! Yes, it is being used by both, but that didn’t stop parents from using [name]Jordan[/name], [name]Taylor[/name], [name]Casey[/name] for both so if you love it, use it.

So many male names have gone female, and it just stinks! [name]How[/name] about [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Holden[/name], [name]Atticus[/name] or [name]Finch[/name]?