Harper's Brother- We can't agree!

We have a daughter, [name]Julia[/name] [name]Harper[/name], we call her [name]Harper[/name]. We are having a boy in [name]March[/name] and my husband and I cannot agree on much for boy names…

Our short list is:

[name]SAMUEL[/name], who he wants to call “[name]Sammy[/name]”…I’m on the fence.
[name]GRAYSON[/name]

My favorite, which is [name]SIMON[/name] didn’t make it on the list because I can’t get my husband to like it!!!

[name]How[/name] do I do that, because I can’t like anything as much as I like [name]Simon[/name]…

So, please help!

Our last name is [name]Phillips[/name]. I would love more suggestions to go with [name]Harper[/name] and have the same feel, because we love that name…OR advice on how to convince hubby that [name]Simon[/name] is perfect. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

My son’s name is [name]Simon[/name] and it’s so perfect we can’t come up with a possible #2 name because everything pales in comparison! I can tell you why we like it, in hope of influencing hubs! Everyone knows the name and how to spell it. Whenever we tell someone his name, their response is “What a great name!” We’ve never once had a bad reaction to it. There aren’t very many Simons in the US, so no one has known a mean [name]Simon[/name] in the past to cause them to dislike the name arbitrarily. My parents and my husband’s parents were all school teachers, so they’ve known a LOT of kids in their lives (and a lot of obnoxious kids that ruin names forever), and none of them had ever taught a [name]Simon[/name]. If you’re religious (which we’re not), there are the good bible associations. To me, it sounds sophisticated, but not stuffy. It’s a strong masculine name, but totally not overused. In fact, my husband loves [name]Simon[/name] so much he just dismisses every other boys name out of hand because he thinks it’s terrible next to [name]Simon[/name]. :slight_smile:

I think [name]Samuel[/name] is classic, but much more popular than [name]Simon[/name]. I don’t care for “[name]Sammy[/name]” though “[name]Sam[/name]” is cute. [name]Grayson[/name] strikes me as super trendy (and not my style).

What about [name]Graham[/name]? Another name I love, but it’s my brother-in-law’s name, so we can’t use it. Similar to [name]Grayson[/name], but much more classic. Sounds good with [name]Phillips[/name]! And with [name]Harper[/name], for that matter.

Thanks for the help in influencing hubby. We’ll see how it goes…

I’m with you on [name]Grayson[/name] being trendy, but we like it because of a special place to us, the [name]Grayson[/name] Highlands on the Appalachian trail, so it’s special in that way…but I like the classic, les “trendy” style too.

[name]Graham[/name] is nice, though we have a friend and neighbor with a [name]Graham[/name], so it nixes it. What do you think about [name]Griffin[/name]?

I’d consider [name]Griffin[/name] if we didn’t have an acquaintance with the name–I think that’s a good one! :slight_smile:

I second the suggestion of [name]Griffin[/name]. Out of [name]Samuel[/name] and [name]Grayson[/name], I prefer [name]Samuel[/name], because [name]Grayson[/name] is too trendy for my taste, and [name]Samuel[/name] compliments [name]Julia[/name] [name]Harper[/name] much better.

[name]How[/name] about:

• [name]Dominic[/name]
  • [name]Lincoln[/name]
  • [name]Forrest[/name]
  • [name]Duncan[/name]
  • [name]Reuben[/name]
  • [name]Everett[/name]
  • [name]Wade[/name]
  • [name]Benjamin[/name]
  • [name]Marshall[/name]
  • [name]Vincent[/name]
  • [name]Roman[/name]
  • [name]Emmett[/name]
  • [name]Eli[/name]
  • [name]Maxwell[/name]
  • [name]Alden[/name]
  • [name]Ian[/name]

[name]Emmett[/name] is actually my grandfather’s middle name and I am noticing its rising popularity. Still not sure about it though. [name]Emmett[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]? Anyone?