Harrison or Flynn

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] boy is due early [name_u]March[/name_u]. We have come down to [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] or [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]. I like both equally but in different ways. [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] I have liked for a while. It’s cool but not trendy so much. The reason this isn’t the name for sure yet is because I wouldn’t want to use [name_u]Harry[/name_u] and I guess I think [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is long for constant use (probably overthinking this). But I like [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] because it’s short and cool. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband likes [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] a lot. I think I’ve decided then I’ll see one of these names online or in a book and switch back. [name_u]Will[/name_u] I just know when he arrives?

Maybe [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] and call him [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] as a nickname?

1 Like

I personally like [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]! Like you said, it’s short and sweet. I do think [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] would get nicknamed. You could try to direct people to something like [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] instead if you like that, but if you absolutely cannot stand [name_u]Harry[/name_u] you’d have to come to terms with the fact that some people may want to call him that and he may even choose it for himself in the future. That said, you may notice it doesn’t bother you as much once he’s here! There were nicknames for my son’s name that before he was born I said I absolutely would not let anyone use, but now that he’s here some people do use those nicknames but I think it’s actually really sweet to see how others try to develop relationships with him through unique nicknames.

1 Like

Congrats!

Both are solid choices I have a preference for Flynn he’s just sweet, handsome and has this outdoorsy vibe that I think makes him sound very happy. He’s full of character and in general I really love Irish names.

Regarding Harrison he’s great and every Harrison I know has been known as Harrison partly because Harry is such a popular boys name in his own right that even though they are related Harrison feels very separate. However nicknames are unavoidable really unfortunately my family have never called me Vicky for example. I went through the whole of primary school being known as Victoria then go to secondary school and I get Vicky all the time. I still get Vicky now at work despite not liking it. So if you really dislike Harry then I would use Flynn because there’s no way of actually preventing people from using nicknames frustratingly.

Good luck

1 Like

[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] is my favourite, cool and sharp.

[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is nice enough, and the one I knew never got called [name_u]Harry[/name_u] but there is the possibility he will be

They’re both really nice names, though I do prefer Flynn! It’s energetic, fun, and cool, and more unexpected than Harrison.

[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] is my favorite, [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is really cute
I dont care for [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] that much

1 Like

I like [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] more than [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]!

I think using his full name [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is totally doable. You also might come up with a nickname like [name_m]Buddy[/name_m] or Brother that has nothing to do with his name at all! [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] could also be a cute option for nickname?

[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] always sounds like Phlegm to me and I just don’t like the sound of it. Using [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] as a middle name would give you that option to call him that in the future though!

1 Like