Hartford ____ _____

Ok, figured I’d edit instead of starting a new post. I’ve decided that the heart breaker thing doesn’t bother enough to not use the name! But I’m really struggling trying to think of a middle! I feel like it needs something sort of modern/normal/not a surname

We had decided that the middle name for the next boy will be [name]William[/name] Warfield no matter what the first name is ([name]William[/name] for my dad and Warfield for his grandad). But Hartford [name]William[/name] Warfield [name]Becker[/name] seems really serious to me, and we are not serious people. It only looks right in calligraphy or script, and that is just not us at all! Hartford already seems too on the serious side for me, but I do think it’s probably the better choice than to just go with [name]Hart[/name]… Any suggestions for a full first name that isn’t quite so severe?

I am completely attached to honoring my dad with the next boy. [name]William[/name] [name]Earl[/name] is his name. I so wish that I liked [name]Earl[/name], because I would love to have a one syllable name in there to balance it out. Oh, and my dad has to be honored with the first middle name. So, I guess it sort of has to be Hartford [name]William[/name]. I suppose that is much better without the Warfield part. I think the issue is that Hartford and Warfield are both unusual, compound surnames that have the same sort of feel. I would [name]Ike[/name] something to lighten up Hartford, particularly one syllable.

Ugh, what do you think of Hartford [name]William[/name] Tick? My husbands grandfather (step grandfather) was called Tick and [name]Chris[/name] loved him. Using his real name is not an option. I am not a fan of Tick, though. Oh! What about Hartford [name]William[/name] [name]Nick[/name]?? It’s a very special family name on my side, is modern but classic, one syllable and rhymes with Tick! Oh… I just realized my uncles name is [name]William[/name] [name]Nick[/name], that might be too direct of an honor… Hartford [name]William[/name] [name]Bach[/name]? My favorite author is [name]Richard[/name] [name]Bach[/name] (and [name]Dash[/name] coincidentally shares his middle name with my second favorite author, [name]David[/name] Sedaris). Sheesh. It always comes back to [name]Richard[/name]. Why do I have to hate it so much? It’s such an obvious choice! :frowning: Maybe I should try to convince hubby again of doing [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Richard[/name] [name]Jr[/name]. and calling him [name]Hart[/name]…

My first thought - it sounds/looks like Heart [name]Breaker[/name]. Sorry.

Haha, that’s what I was trying to figure out! [name]Hart[/name] has been a favorite for a long time, but just realized yesterday that it is super close to Heart [name]Breaker[/name]. My first thought was that it was really stupid and silly… But the more i think about it, it might be cute? But maybe not… Would it be better if his full name was Hartford [name]Becker[/name]?

I thought “Heart [name]Breaker[/name]” when reading it as well. I love the idea of Hartford though.

[name]Do[/name] you think it’s necessarily awful, though? I think Hartford solves the problem for job applications and stuff like that… But I like [name]Hart[/name] on it’s own much more than Hartford… I can’t decide if i think the Heart [name]Breaker[/name] thing would be a hindrance in like. Maybe it would make him more memorable… But if it’s too cheesy I won’t do it.

What about [name]Richard[/name] nn [name]Hart[/name]? [name]Richard[/name] is my husbands middle name… And I really don’t like it at all. Eh, scratch that whole thought. I can’t name a child [name]Richard[/name]. What if [name]Hart[/name] was his middle name and we called him that? It’s a family surname, which fits my pattern for the second middle name… So I guess it would make sense to do that. However, the reason I love the first names I love is because, well, I love them… I wouldn’t want to name my kid [name]Finn[/name], which I love, and not call him that, you know? I could use a classic that I want to honor someone with, like my dad, [name]William[/name], and call him [name]Hart[/name]… I don’t know.

See [name]Chris[/name]’ favorite is [name]Lincoln[/name] nn [name]Link[/name], mine is either [name]Griffin[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name] or just [name]Finn[/name]. I don’t exactly love [name]Lincoln[/name], he loves [name]Finn[/name] but not nearly as much as I do. We both equally love [name]Hart[/name] so it feels more like it’s ours than his or mine. It’s sort of inching out our personal favorites, actually. But is it ridiculous with [name]Becker[/name]? Darn it!

Maybe I’m biased since I love the name [name]Hart[/name], but I actually think the name works. I didn’t see “heart breaker” until it was pointed out. And now that I do, I actually think it’s kind of cute, lol. It’s not ridiculous or cruel like [name]Ben[/name] [name]Dover[/name] or [name]Crystal[/name] Ball. I don’t think he’d get made fun of or anything.

I do really like Hartford as a full name for [name]Hart[/name], though. I mean we used [name]Hart[/name] instead of Hartford, but it’s [name]Zach[/name]'s middle name so it doesn’t matter as much. But [name]Hart[/name] works on its own too, in your case. Either way it’s a great name. And so underused! This is making me wish I’d saved [name]Hart[/name] for later…I keep thinking of [name]Adelaide[/name] ("[name]Heidi[/name]") and [name]Hart[/name]!

[name]Dash[/name] and [name]Hart[/name] could easily be brothers! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Hart[/name] [name]Becker[/name] sounds fine. Heart breaker never crossed my mind until I read someone’s comment about it.

While I think [name]Hart[/name] [name]Becker[/name] sounds great, I really love Hartford [name]Becker[/name]. I think it’s an awesome name and, if he goes through that awkward, horomone driven stage in middle school, he could choose to be a “tough guy” and go by [name]Ford[/name]. Although I’m sure with a name as wonderful as [name]Hart[/name], he wouldn’t want to go by anything else.
[name]Dash[/name] and [name]Hart[/name] are awesome sibling names! Seriously, I think they’re wonderful. [name]Hart[/name] has definitely grown on me in the past few days, so I love it now.

[name]Dash[/name], [name]Hart[/name], [name]Betsey[/name], and [name]Susanna[/name] (still not sure what nickname you want) would be great sibling names!
And I love [name]Jay[/name]'s mention of [name]Adelaide[/name] and Hartford nn [name]Heidi[/name] and [name]Hart[/name].

This is my third attempt at replying!

I’m glad you guys don’t hate the heart breaker thing, I was hoping that it would be on the cute side of the line! And I think you’re right that Hartford is probably the better choice for the birth certificate. And i do love the name [name]Ford[/name], actually. And Hartford would be a smoosh of a surname from his side and one from mine, so that’s cool. Could potentially free up some space to just use a name we love in the middle! Haha, that makes me feel like a rebel!

And I’m glad you like it with [name]Dash[/name]! I love them so much together! I don’t know if i prefer [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Link[/name], [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Finn[/name], or [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Hart[/name]. I think [name]Hart[/name] is the most unexpected, for sure… Ugh, i feel guilty about not being in love with [name]Link[/name]. But hey, [name]Frederick[/name] is my favorite name ever and he won’t even entertain that idea, so I guess I’m not being so unfair.

I looovve [name]Heidi[/name] and [name]Hart[/name]! Sheesh! So cute! Maybe if I have twins I would use them! My other matchie twinset is [name]Link[/name] and [name]Lulu[/name]. I can never decide if I love matching initials or not.

Oh and [name]Jay[/name], have I mentioned how much I love [name]Zachary[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Hart[/name]??? Oh my gosh, you get to use these names I love but are too “normal” according to my husband. [name]Zachary[/name] is one of my very favorite names and I would have loved to use it for [name]Dash[/name] (and it would fit him oh so well!). Actually, if I’d married someone who liked popular names I would have most likely used [name]Zachary[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name]! Seriously! No joke! Classics would have been [name]Frederick[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]William[/name] and [name]Charles[/name]. I guess I’ll probably end up with [name]Dashiell[/name], Hartford, [name]Griffin[/name] and [name]Lincoln[/name]… [name]Don[/name]'t know how I’d classify those!

P.S. [name]Rachel[/name], I might have to scrap [name]Susanna[/name] :frowning: I was just reminded that my second cousin had a stillborn a couple months ago named [name]Suzanne[/name]. She was named after her fathers sister who passed away as a child. I have not met this cousin, but I have met her siblings and have a good relationship with her parents. I get updates on them all the time and I’m sure she does about me as well. I think it might be hurtful to her even though obviously not on purpose. It might just be a lifelong reminder, you know? I know I would be sad if it were the other way around.
On a more positive note, now we’re thinking about [name]Scarlett[/name] nn [name]Zadie[/name]. I would use [name]Sadie[/name] but [name]Chris[/name] hates it, he likes [name]Zadie[/name] though, go figure! I know its not a traditional nn for [name]Scarlett[/name], but [name]Scarlett[/name] is the other name I’ve loved almost as long as [name]Elizabeth[/name] (though not quite as long!). Other thought is [name]Marguerite[/name], official nn [name]Margo[/name], fun nn [name]Moxie[/name]. Oh man, if I had a [name]Betsey[/name] and [name]Moxie[/name] I would be a happy camper! And if I got to have a [name]Scarlett[/name] too, sheesh!

So my husband says he LOVES Hartford [name]William[/name] [name]Bach[/name]! Apparantly he has always loved [name]Bach[/name] but never mentioned it for some reason! I guess it’s one of his favorite video game characters (he’s a major gamer), and it’s the last name of my favorite author. Pretty perfect! And there’s the obvious [name]Johann[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Bach[/name] connection which is great, too! And there’s even the rocked [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Bach[/name]! There’s pretty much a namesake for whatever he’s interested in, which I really likel and while the second middle wouldn’t be a family surname like my self inflicted rule, I feel like it’s okay since the first name is a mash up of a surname from each of our families. AND my dad gets honored AND we have alliteration with the B of our last name! Seems like perfection!

I’m pretty excited about it and so is [name]Chris[/name]. I think it’s a good choice since we both love it equally and it means a lot for both of us, not one sided, ya know? BUT! I’m still totally open for feedback so if you hate it or think there’s any crazy issues with it or anything along those lines, please let me know!

P.S. I edited this so the first post is now different if you’re interested!

[name]Love[/name] Hartford [name]William[/name] [name]Bach[/name]!!! It goes great with [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Rowe[/name].

[name]Dash[/name] & [name]Hart[/name]. Perfect.