harvey, alro or kale?

hello! we are due in early april and we’re having a boy… looking for your thoughts on these three names:

1. [name]Harvey[/name] [name]James[/name]

2. [name]Arlo[/name] [name]Jimmy[/name]

3. [name]Kale[/name] [name]Jimmy[/name]

his last name will be [name]Brown[/name].

thank you!!

Since you have the common surname of [name]Brown[/name], I would choose [name]Arlo[/name] which is the most “rare” of the names. [name]Harvey[/name] would be my second choice. [name]Kale[/name] is one syllable like your last name and sounds more feminine ([name]Gail[/name]) so I would avoid this choice. [name]Just[/name] a curious question: Why do you have [name]James[/name] as a middle name for [name]Harvey[/name] and [name]Jimmy[/name] for the other two? Is it because of the singer [name]James[/name] [name]Brown[/name]? [name]Jimmy[/name] is just a nickname to me. [name]Arlo[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Harvey[/name] [name]James[/name] are much much distinguished.

I vote for [name]Arlo[/name] - a handsome name! To me, [name]Harvey[/name] sounds like a pet and [name]Kale[/name] reminds me of chard.

[name]Jimmy[/name] is for my father and I would love to use it. But it doesn’t work with [name]Harvey[/name] so I went for [name]James[/name] as a second choice. I agree that [name]James[/name] is more distinguished sounding but [name]Jimmy[/name] feels very personal and I love it for that. Anyway, thank you both for your thoughts! I really appreciate the feedback.

Ok, that explains it. It’s great that you’re honouring your father. [name]Arlo[/name] [name]Jimmy[/name] [name]Brown[/name] is my first choice!

[name]Arlo[/name]! I have an [name]Arlo[/name], so I’m a bit biased, but it’s a great name. [name]Harvey[/name] is a really cool name too. I’m less into [name]Kale[/name], I feel like it’s an incomplete name. Like it needs to be McKale or [name]Mikael[/name].