Harvey?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think the name [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] will be useable again? I know right now it’s #404, but the Weinstein association is still heavy.
[name_m]Will[/name_m] it be neutral in ten years? Always in the background but acceptable soon?

Honestly, so much has happened since that scandal, I don’t even think of it anymore when I hear the name. I already didn’t associate [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] with him, though. There’s plenty of other men and boys names [name_m]Harvey[/name_m]. I think it’s fine to use now and in 10 years.

1 Like

I love [name_m]Harvey[/name_m]. I sadly kept it off my list due to the Weinstein association. And I love [name_u]Harlow[/name_u] for a girl so holding out to hopefully use [name_u]Harlow[/name_u] one day. But it made me sad to think that [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] got ruined. Its such a good name! I hope its usable again really soon. His name is still unfortunately relevant in the Epstein investigation so personally I dont know if its usable quite yet but in ten years… it better be! I applaud people still using it and I think in the next few years it will definitely be usable again. I know people in my circle would annoyingly point out the association still though.

1 Like

I think that [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] is ruined for me at the moment. I think its still fresh, especially for people still actively involved in MeToo or similar movements.

Its a shame because I really really like the name. It’s just associated with such a deplorable man.

In the next few years I think the association will lessen, and it will become useable in general.

2 Likes

It’s usable.

I think it’s a common enough name that its usable.

Honestly, my first thought when I hear [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] is [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] the Teenage Witch! Weinstein is second. Then [name_m]Harvey[/name_m]’s the fast food chain (which might just be Canadian).

Same!

1 Like

I think it’s tainted, but usable. And the scales will only tip further towards “usable” in the coming years, I would guess. As others have said, it’s far from a one-person name, and it hasn’t taken as big a hit in popularity as I would have expected, so clearly plenty of people don’t see it as a huge issue.

1 Like

I didn’t think of Weinstein wither. I’m a grandmother and I associate the name to [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] Korman from the [name_f]Carol[/name_f] [name_m]Burnett[/name_m] Show. I think it is totally usuable.

Love it!

My first association is also [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] the Teenage Witch, which is why I love it actually. I think i had a crush on the actor who played [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] on that show growing up!

Harvey Weinstein doesn’t seem like a “[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]” to me at all. But unfortunately he did taint the name. I can personally get past the association and be on team [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] but he doesn’t represent a lot to me. I luckily haven’t felt like victim of any harassment but I know most women have their Me Too stories and I do think unfortunately [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] Weinstein is at the forefront of thought for this kind of thing. I know most people I know would instantly have Weinstein as their first association with [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] versus something pleasant like [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] unfortunately. It really sucks. But I do think the association will lessen in the years to come!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Harvey[/name_m]! I think it isn’t that tainted by Weinstein. There’s also the [name_m]Steve[/name_m] [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] reference. When I think of [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] my main association is a street near my house so the others are less prevalent than that. I think it will gain popularity pretty soon. It seems similar to names like [name_m]Archie[/name_m], which are gaining popularity.

1 Like