Has a name ever come to you in a dream?

[name]Just[/name] curious, because I had a very vivid dream the other night about a certain name, [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]. It was clear as day. Normally I’d never consider the name [name]Sophia[/name] as it is ENORMOUSLY popular, but I kind of took this dream as a sign.

Has this ever happened to you or anyone you know? What did you think?

This is exactly how we decided on [name]Penelope[/name]! We were set on [name]Daphne[/name] and couldn’t think of anything to rival it and one night I had a dream we had a little [name]Penelope[/name] :] I woke up, told DH and he LOVED it.

I dreamed one night about having fraternal twins named [name]Cannon[/name] and [name]Astoria[/name] – two coastal towns in Oregon. I’m not expecting, but the the names sound really great together and if I ever end up having male and female twins, maybe I’ll use those names.

While pregnant, my sister dreamed the baby told her, “My name is [name]Kevin[/name].” It has always seemed perfect for this kid and it was nothing she was considering before.

Yes! [name]Just[/name] recently! I asked her if her name was [name]Margo[/name], and in response “[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]” filled my head! I’ve always like [name]Amelia[/name] but it’s never been on my list. At first I thought, well, that’s it, first daughter must be named [name]Amelia[/name]. But… I’m not so sure now, should I really use a name that isn’t my favorite just because I had a dream about it? Hmm, ponder ponder.

I had a dream about the name Ellory once. I was having an argument with someone who insisted it was a boys name but I thought it sounded nice for a girl. It wasn’t a name I was thinking of before but I added it to my long list.

Yep - actually it was a nightmare though…

Funny what being pregnant did to my dreams.

Yes. I’m not pregnant and wasn’t during the dream but I dreamt that I named my future (hopefully!) daughter [name]Ruby[/name]. After I woke up, I remember thinking that I didn’t even like that name at all. Now, though, I really love it and hope to use it some day!

When I was pregnant with my second, I dreamed I had a little boy named [name]Finn[/name] with blond ringlets. At that time, I did not know I was having a boy. I loved the name [name]Finn[/name] and had been considering it but my husband didn’t like it. We didn’t end up naming the baby [name]Finn[/name] and he doesn’t have blond ringlets either. He looks nothing like the little boy I saw in my dream.

I’m not pregnant, but I dreamt I was a teenage mother and had a little girl named [name]Eva[/name]. I liked the name before, but now I love it!

I literally just remembered a dream (or maybe it’s just a memory, but I think it was a dream) I had when I was 10 or so. I was with my old neighbor [name]Ashley[/name], we must have been playing house or something. She was supposed to pick up my daughter from school, but then she came back and hadn’t picked her up. My daughter was missing and I was panicked. That’s all I remember, except that her name was [name]Jemima[/name]!

That’s where [name]Gwendolyn[/name] came from! I dreamt that she and I were playing in fall leaves at my grandmother’s old house. She had red (her dad) ringlet curls (from me) green eyes (daddy, again) ultra-pale skin (I’m a vampire :wink: ) his cheekbones, my nose. (Thank God!)

She looked perfect and I woke up knowing her name was [name]Gwendolyn[/name]. And it will be one day in all the years and all the names [name]Gwen[/name]'s has always been number one!

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name] <3

My husband had a dream last night of a little girl with medium brown, curly pigtails. She had blue eyes and looked like me! She was about one and a half, tall like our son but “with a girly body” ([name]Dash[/name] was born looking like a football player!). She was wearing a sundress and catching fireflies. He asked her her name and she said “Hhhiiiiiii- deee”! It totally sold him on the name! :smiley:

When I was eleven and becoming very interested in names I dreamed up the name Olicanthe/Olixanthe. Completely made up but I liked it at the time and pictured it maybe in a sibset with [name]Ariadne[/name] and [name]Calliope[/name].

I recently had a dream that I had a little girl named [name]Fable[/name]. I’m not sure where it came from, but its grown on me so much, that I’ve added it to my list.

Quite recently I had a dream that I had a four or five year old daughter named [name]Dorian[/name]. She had dark brown hair that was cut to chin length and clipped to the side with a bright little barette, blue eyes with long dark lashes, milky skin and rosy cheeks.

I had never considered the name for a girl. But since the dream the name has been “haunting” me. There is something so perfect about it, but I just can’t seem to put my finger on what. Either way, I think it’s my new favorite name for a daughter.