Has anyone ever legally changed their name?

Has anyone on Name berry ever legally changed his/her name? I am considering changing my name from [name_f]Emilie[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] to [name_f]Emma[/name_f] ( uncertain middle name). [name_f]Emma[/name_f] suits me better and I have actually been using my nickname [name_f]Emma[/name_f] for years. I am considering surnames as middle names like [name_m]Knox[/name_m] or [name_u]Green[/name_u].

1 Like

Nice! I’ve never done it

I’ve not done so yet, but I will be adding to my name. Please let me know how it goes when you do.

I haven’t done personally but I have two friends who have done and they’ve felt better about it

[name_f]Emma[/name_f] is nice

1 Like

I legally changed my spelling but that’s it

2 Likes

I have! Both first and middle. [name_u]Happy[/name_u] to answer any questions— I’m in the Northwest US if it helps.

1 Like

How did you ultimately decide on a middle name? I am struggling to decide on one that flows well with [name_f]Emma[/name_f].

I did, first and last. I kept my middle, but I’d start with names you like or feel like you, or maybe consider if you want to honour anyone special to you.

Are you in the UK because I have :raising_hand_woman:t2:

Kind of a combination of honor/family/heritage? My middle name is Séamus. I come from an Irish-American family and James is a family name, but there were too many Jameses already, so I decided to go with the Séamus form instead (which suits me better anyway). I also liked the way it flowed with my legal first name.

Legally (as in on documentation/birth certificate/drivers license etc), it’s actually Seamus (no accent/fada) to save headache, but I use my middle name often and always write it Séamus.

1 Like

I live in the U.S.