Has Morgan gone to the girls...?

or could you still get away with using it for a boy? I really love the name [name]Morgan[/name] for a boy, but I know it’s pretty popular for girls.
What do you think? Boy or girl name? Any middle name suggestions?
Are there any other boys-names-turned-girls names that you like? I also like [name]Mackenzie[/name] for a boy but would never dare use it.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Sadly, I think the girls have a tight grip on the name [name]Morgan[/name] now…

I’ve met both male and female Morgans in my day, but I tend to think a little girl when I here the name than I do a boy. I think it’s the “a” in the end.

However, I’ve always liked the named [name]Mortimer[/name] as a sort of alternative. It’s a bit off beat, but i think it could be cute.

My brothers name is [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] nickname [name]Mo[/name]. I also have another male friend named [name]Morgan[/name], both him and my bro are in their late twenties. They both really like their name as they r surfers and like the sea connotation. I have met a girl w the name morgan but I feel like its a boys name.

I have known two [name]Morgan[/name]'s one was a little girl when I was about in second grade and the other a boy in high school. [name]Morgan[/name] fit him very well and I didn’t really think of it as being a girls name (it is originally a boys name). I will admit [name]Morgan[/name] is on my list of mn’s for girls but I like unisex names for girls middles. I think [name]Morgan[/name] would be fine for a boy today. Honestly how far off of [name]Logan[/name] do you think it is?

I would use it for either actually, I think it’s a great name and would suit a boy easily. Some combos you might like:

[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Richard[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Jared[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Stewart[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] - think someone mentioned this
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Ronald[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]George[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]David[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] you like some of these and good luck!

I have a brother named [name]Morgan[/name] and a male friend named [name]Morgan[/name] - I think it’s a beautiful name for a boy :slight_smile:

I think [name]Morgan[/name] works well for either, just don’t go unisex with the middle name! I really like [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Isaiah[/name].

I think of [name]Morgan[/name] just like [name]Taylor[/name]. My brother is [name]Taylor[/name] (age 25), but I don’t know many people naming their boy’s [name]Taylor[/name] these days, BUT it does happen on occasion. My son’s name is [name]Finley[/name], which is also going the way of becoming feminine.

I don’t think you’ll be out of line naming a boy [name]Morgan[/name], but you will have to be prepared to meet many more girl Morgans, and meeting people that may make comments. Might I suggest giving [name]Morgan[/name] a definite “boy” name as a middle name, that way if you find there are too many girls with his name, he can always go by his middle.

I am firmly of the opinion that boys names should be reserved for boys. TOO MANY boys names are going to girls, and it just makes things confusing!!

I think that [name]Morgan[/name] is usable for a boy if you like it! (I am a male [name]Kelly[/name] who is 24 and happy with my name.) Although there are still many more girl Morgans than boy ones, it is not unheard of on boys, and the name is past its peak for girls so now may be the time to try and redeem it for the boys!

I think [name]Morgan[/name] is a perfectly nice name for a boy. :slight_smile: I don’t think that once a name has become more popular for girls it’s automatically rendered “unsuitable” for boys. I think it’s charming and boyish, and not too common which is a plus in my book. If you love it, go for it!

i don’t think so, because my 20 year old brothers name is morgan, and it is still a boys name here. i have only recently met a girl named morgan for the first time…

I picture a male [name]Morgan[/name] being strong and steady. I say go for it!

I love the actor [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Freeman[/name] and really like [name]Morgan[/name] for a boy/man. Our ex- next door neighbors had a daughter named [name]Morgan[/name] but i really don’t like this name for a girl.

I think it has gone to the girls, but I love it for a boy and my daughter has a boy in her class named [name]Morgen[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t like his spelling, but admire the parents for having the courage to return it to the boy side!

I was wondering that same thing. We are adptiong twins one boy and one girl. We have the girl name pick (tennille kaye-lynn) but are struggling with the boys name. We already have 3 children ( keana, jordan and wyatt) I like the name [name]Morgan[/name] [name]James[/name] for a boy to go with [name]Wyatt[/name] for the rest of the earp brothers but my jordan is a boy and he hates his name because girls at school have it. So i dont know what to do since morgan is mainly a girls name now.

i think [name]Morgan[/name] still works for a boy, but he’d have to be super-cool in high school in order to pull it off…
i’ve met both male and female Morgans… i think most people think of girls… but it’s still a great boy name…

Among the preschool set, it’s more girl.

A class in my daughter’s school has one girl [name]Morgan[/name] and one boy [name]Morgan[/name] in it.

I’ve only known boy Morgans, and I think it is still masculine enough to use for a boy.
Maybe try [name]Morgan[/name] as the mn with a very masculine name as the fn and you can just call him [name]Morgan[/name]. I know a [name]William[/name] [name]Morgan[/name], goes by [name]Morgan[/name]

The only [name]Morgan[/name] that I personally know (besides as a surname) is a girl and she is 20 years old and is my best friend so to me it’s all girl. I’ve never met or heard of a male [name]Morgan[/name] but I don’t think it’s too feminine. I would consider using it for a boy. I agree with the others about a masculine middle name, and I wouldn’t give any brothers SUPER masculine names, like [name]Axel[/name] or [name]Brock[/name] or [name]Samson[/name]. [name]Taylor[/name] and [name]Morgan[/name] would be cute as brothers, I think.