Hattie, Peggy and Flossy

I’m not naming another child at the moment, only theoreticising, but I love the nicknames [name]Hattie[/name], [name]Peggy[/name] and [name]Flossy[/name], yet the traditional names for them - [name]Harriet[/name], [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Flora[/name]/[name]Florence[/name] - just feel a bit … so-so to me. Perfectly nice, but I’m not in love.

I had a Great-Aunt [name]Hattie[/name] ([name]Harriet[/name]), and I’d quite like to honour her one day, too.

So, I was wondering if any of you expert namers could come up with any other names which could possibly give [name]Hattie[/name], [name]Peggy[/name] or [name]Flossy[/name]?

Thank you!

[name]Hattie[/name] can also be a nn for [name]Henrietta[/name]. There was another thread about names that get the nn [name]Hattie[/name], if I remember right. maybe you can search for it and find it.

[name]Peggy[/name] goes with [name]Margaret[/name], so I suppose it could also go with [name]Margaret[/name]'s many variations: [name]Margot[/name], [name]Marguerite[/name], [name]Greta[/name], etc.

[name]Flossie[/name]: [name]Florence[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Florentina[/name], [name]Floretta[/name], [name]Florida[/name]

[name]Peggy[/name] could be a nn for [name]Pegeen[/name] or any other [name]Margaret[/name] variation. [name]Flossie[/name] could be a nn for just about any name starting in [name]FLO[/name]. Go to advanced search under search for names link and try those initials to get choices. [name]Hattie[/name] could be a nn for [name]Harriet[/name], [name]Henrietta[/name], and perhaps other HAR names. Try the advanced search to find those names as well.

[name]Hi[/name] Twinkle! :slight_smile: I love the suggestions of [name]Hattie[/name] for [name]Henrietta[/name] and [name]Peggy[/name] for [name]Margot[/name]!

I also thought I’d suggest [name]Flossy[/name] as a nickname for [name]Felicity[/name]. I believe it was [name]Susan[/name] who first mentioned it, and I thought it was darling!

I hope you and the kids are doing well! :slight_smile: