Hattie?

What do we think of [name_f]Hattie[/name_f]?
No longer fresh?
Still fresh?
Cute?
Old?
Too nicknamey?

3 Likes

It’s still quite fresh for the world at large, not so much for your Nameberry-types.
[name_f]Hattie[/name_f] is all the good things about a name, though! [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] is fresher now.

1 Like

It’s nms, but I do really like [name_f]Hattie[/name_f]! [name_f]My[/name_f] almost-name was [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (double barreled first). I do prefer her as a nn for [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] because she is a bit cutesy/nicknamey for me.
Vibes are :womans_hat: :tangerine: :sunflower: :bouquet: :honeybee: :icecream: :lemon:, summer days and lemonade, honeysuckle flowers, worn out overalls, the sound of laughter as bright as the sun.

4 Likes

Oh my gosh I love Hattie!! When I was little, all my dolls were called [name_f]Hattie[/name_f]! :rofl: She’s just so cute and lovely and I can definitely see her on any age. Definitely still fresh! It’s not too nicknamey in my opinion. I would love to see a little [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] - perhaps even my own one day.

Vibes 👒☀️🌻🧃🐝🌸

[name_f]Hattie[/name_f] is the name embodiment of spring. Fresh breezes, bunny rabbits, honeysuckle, the colour yellow, fresh strawberries, pastel pallets, curious about the world around her, denim overalls, plaid dresses, honeybees, twirling

3 Likes

Nearby, a preschooler [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] [name_u]Kalen[/name_u] (mn is her dad’s name) called [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] K. runs around her mom’s bakery with strawberry blonde curls wearing rain boots when it’s sunny. She makes it.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] and I can see it becoming super trendy in the next ten years or so! It’s such a sweet, optimistic name–makes me think of buzzing bees, gingham red picnic blankets, and blue ribbons! I think it’s a refreshing take on a classic name–cute and not too nicknamey!

1 Like

Loooove [name_f]Hattie[/name_f]! I generally prefer [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] nn [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] because I love both names so much, but I think [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] works as a full name in her own right. Absolutely sprightly and gorgeous! :rainbow:

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] :heart:

I think it still feels pretty fresh and sparky - kind of like modern vintage?
It’s cute and fun but it’s substantial, charming and possibly serious too! I’ve met two just Harriets (and a number of [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] 'Hattie’s)

(also, I’m probably biased because it’s my guinea pig’s name but I do love it)

1 Like

[name_f]Hattie[/name_f] is marvellous. Picnics and straw hats and hockey sticks and white summer frocks. She’s antique/vintage trendy but also ebullient - classic with a kick. Both bookish and sparky. I think of Tom’s [name_u]Midnight[/name_u] Garden and schoolgirls with messy plaits.

(I prefer her as a nn for Harriet)

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Hattie[/name_f]!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] is still fresh, either on its own or as a nickname for [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u]! Doesn’t need a longer name.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] on her own, or as a nickname! Definitely still fresh! That cottegecore vibe isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. :ear_of_rice::strawberry::empty_nest::thread::teapot::books:

2 Likes

This is a very good point :+1:

Hattie is adorable :sunflower:

I think Hattie is sweet, bright and very joyous option. I feel that Hattie isn’t necessarily ‘fresh’ she feels rather mainstream but I’m UK based where nicknames are the best thing since slice bread. However I wouldn’t say Hattie is tired and I would still love encountering a little Hattie. Again I wouldn’t say Hattie is too nicknamey to stand on her own in all honesty I would actually be surprised to come across a Hattie being a nickname for something! Thinking about it I actually think having Hattie as a nickname for Harriet would be a way to make the name feel fresher. Harriet is definitely more surprising than Hattie. Either way lovely name.

Also @macy13 makes a great point about trends and how Hattie definitely feels tied to that cottagecore trend so for sure is a fashionable choice

1 Like

Like it and don’t think it’s had it’s day, but like others prefer it as a nn to [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] - [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] is so smart and elegant (while still being cheeky) to me while [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] is dreamy and carefree (running in fields). Why not have both? :nerd_face:

2 Likes

[name_f]Hattie[/name_f] is sweet, vintage and cottagecore!

I love love Hattie!! She’s high on my list. sweet, fresh, and warm with vintage cottagecore charm. I love her as a nn for [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] and even as a stand- alone name.

This is actually my great grandmother’s name and has always been on my periphery… thx for all the feedback!

Was her legal name [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] or was it short for [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]?