Havanna, Giovanna or Lila?

See the results of this poll: Which one?

Respondents: 20 (This poll is closed)

• Havanna: 2 (10%)
  • Giovanna: 8 (40%)
  • Lila: 10 (50%)

[name]Havanna[/name] [name]Faith[/name]: I do think of [name]Cuba[/name], but my first thought was actually that [name]Havanna[/name] [name]Faith[/name] sounds like “Have [name]Faith[/name],” so I like the other choices more. (I agree that [name]Haven[/name] and [name]Havanna[/name] are very close…)

[name]Giovanna[/name] [name]Faith[/name]: I think [name]Giovanna[/name] is really pretty…It’s definitely possible to go through life without a nickname, but if the mere sound of the nicknames bothers you a lot, [name]Giovanna[/name] may not be the best choice.

[name]Lila[/name] [name]Faith[/name]: I love [name]Lila[/name], but yes, it’s apparently destined for major popularity. (As it is, other [name]Lily[/name] names are already popular…) I think that [name]Lila[/name] (and the other names, like [name]Liliana[/name], [name]Lilia[/name], and [name]Lillian[/name]) are gorgeous though! Most importantly, it’s your husband’s last choice, so it sounds like it’s not “the one.”

From what you’ve written, it sounds like [name]Giovanna[/name] has the fewest problems (not popular like [name]Lila[/name], not associated with politics like [name]Havanna[/name], and not close to your cousin’s baby’s name like [name]Havanna[/name]). I know of Victorias who are only called [name]Victoria[/name], so I’m guessing a [name]Giovanna[/name] can go through life as just “[name]Giovanna[/name].”

Does one of the names sound best with your last name?

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I know you hate [name]Gigi[/name] as a nn but I knew a [name]Giovanna[/name] called [name]Gigi[/name] and I thought it was super cute. [name]Giovanna[/name] is so pretty though, and she can choose her nickname if she wants or leave it as [name]Giovanna[/name] all the time.

I also like [name]Havanna[/name], and think [name]Lila[/name] might be too popular!

i like havanna the most BUT its too clos to haven so its out for me. [name]Giovanna[/name] is so cute and i actually like all the nn. I have a friend named [name]Giovanna[/name] and she does NOT go by a nick name.

Thank you for your opinions - they really do help! It sounds like [name]Giovanna[/name] is in the lead…

I like [name]Giovanna[/name] the best as well. Gorgeous! You might also like [name]Gianna[/name]…

I think you should go with [name]Lila[/name], despite the popularity. If it gets popular, it’s for a reason - it’s a really pretty name. I just don’t see it being soooo popular that your daughter will be one of three in her class, but I could be wrong about this? Maybe you could vary it a bit and give her the classic and beautiful name [name]Delilah[/name], with [name]Lila[/name] as a nn (and then if it turns out that [name]Lila[/name] is really popular where you live, she has her full name to fall back on?)
[name]Delilah[/name] is also longer and has more substance, like the other names on your list, so that might round it out for your husband.
I’m sorry, but I’m not a fan of [name]Giovanna[/name]. It sounds overly diva-ish for a child, and sort of has a bratty connotation (but this might just be me). My personal preference, as much as I love very feminine, even sometimes frilly, names, is to avoid names that sound as if you’re raising your daughter to be a princess (certain names just give off that vibe to me, somehow - [name]Giovanna[/name] is one of them, but also [name]Arianna[/name], [name]Priscilla[/name], [name]Angelina[/name])