Have a middle name, but need a first!

My daughter’s middle name will be Miarie (pronounced my-ah-ree), after my Grandma, and our surname is Horan. I would love suggestions for a first name that will go nicely with these names!

I really like names ending in the “ee” sound - in particular [name]Tillie[/name] - but understand they won’t go well with Miarie. So was thinking maybe a name with the “ee” sound in the middle - e.g. [name]Leah[/name] (but I would spell it [name]Lia[/name]). Thoughts?

I also really like [name]Harlow[/name] Miarie Horan - but is the double ‘h’ too much?

Would love your thoughts; thanks!

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Erin[/name]. :slight_smile: Let’s see…

[name]Celia[/name] Miarie Horan (contains [name]Lia[/name])
[name]Cecilia[/name] Miarie Horan
[name]Camille[/name] Miarie Horan
[name]Dahlia[/name] Miarie Horan
[name]Fiona[/name] Miarie Horan
[name]Juliet[/name] Miarie Horan
[name]Louisa[/name] Miarie Horan
[name]Lydia[/name] Miarie Horan
[name]Matilda[/name] Miarie Horan (nn [name]Tilly[/name])
[name]Ophelia[/name] Miarie Horan
Rosabel Miarie Horan
[name]Viviana[/name] Miarie Horan

I don’t think [name]Harlow[/name] Horan works (it’s a bit of a tongue-twister for me), and I think the closeness of [name]Harlow[/name] to Harlot, combined with the first syllable of your last name, would cause a lot of teasing. :frowning:

Good luck!

What about [name]Matilda[/name] Miarie Horan, nn [name]Tillie[/name]?

[name]Lia[/name] Miarie Horan: This one is a little bit of a mouthful for me :frowning: I think the “ee” sound being at the end of [name]Lia[/name] makes it feel a bit repetitive with Miarie. Maybe a longer name, like [name]Julia[/name]/[name]Juliet[/name] would work?

[name]Harlow[/name] Miarie Horan: The double ‘h’ doesn’t bother me as much as the overall harsh sounding of this combo. [name]How[/name] about a softer ‘h’ name like [name]Harper[/name]?

A random assortment of other names you might like:
[name]Lydia[/name] Miarie
[name]Louisa[/name] Miarie
[name]Lila[/name] Miarie
[name]Lucy[/name] Miarie
[name]Diana[/name] Miarie
[name]Cecilia[/name] Miarie (nn [name]Celia[/name]?)
[name]Eliza[/name] Miarie
[name]Susannah[/name] Miarie
[name]Virginia[/name] Miarie
[name]Anastasia[/name] Miarie (nn [name]Tansy[/name]?)
[name]Finley[/name] Miarie
[name]Willow[/name] Miarie
[name]Avery[/name] Miarie

*obviously [name]Jill[/name] and I have similar tastes :slight_smile:

High-fivies, [name]Olive[/name]! :slight_smile:

P.S. Wow! This was the 1,000th post! Where’s the prize money? Woo-hoo! :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for your well thought out and thorough responses!

I think deep down I knew [name]Harlow[/name] Horan wasn’t viable, but hearing it from someone else definitely makes it sink in. If only we could also choose our surnames - espeically for those of us blessed with ones such as mine! =)

[name]Jill[/name]: I really like [name]Matilda[/name] and how it can be shortened to [name]Tilly[/name]. I never thought of it like that. But, being Australian, I’m worried that this would be a bit too cliched? Rosabel is also a lovely name I haven’t heard before.

[name]Olive[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Finley[/name] and [name]Avery[/name], but don’t really think they go too well with Miarie. =( I might have to start looking ahead to girl #2 and make sure we choose a more compatable middle name for all those names ending with “ee”! However, I do like [name]Willow[/name] and [name]Lila[/name] and will definitely add those to my list.

Thanks again =)

[name]Erin[/name], I thought I might quickly say that my DD is 4 and named [name]Matilda[/name], and it’s never seemed too cliche! I’ve never even had a single comment about the song, strangely enough. Her full name is [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Rae[/name], and I think she works well with your chosen middle name!