Have I found my Hildie combo?

So, we have been looking for a [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] combo we love for ages (over 7 years!) I think I may have found one in…

[name_f]Hildie[/name_f] Sunflower!

Now, sunflowers aren’t my favorite, but are my birth month flowers. The hubby is really connected to sunflowers from his grandmother’s garden when he was young, so he really likes it. I’m more concerned about the sound than the meaning actually. [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] has always been hard for me to pair. I’ve tried “fuller” versions of the name like [name_f]Swanhild[/name_f], Everild, and [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f], but don’t love any of them as much as [name_f]Hildie[/name_f].

Other combos on our list are:

[name_f]Hildie[/name_f] [name_f]Marceline[/name_f]
[name_f]Hildie[/name_f] [name_f]Mazarine[/name_f]
[name_f]Hildie[/name_f] [name_f]Kassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Hildie[/name_f] [name_f]Buttercup[/name_f]
[name_f]Hildie[/name_f] [name_f]Fernanda[/name_f]

What do you think of [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] Sunflower? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like it better than any of our other options? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any better suggestions?

Thank you!

9 Likes

[name_f]Hildie[/name_f] Sunflower is perfect! It’s strong, sweet, and has a bright spark.

2 Likes

[name_f]Hildie[/name_f] Sunflower is gorgeous!

2 Likes

it seems very hippy to me.

1 Like

[name_f]Hildie[/name_f] Sunflower sounds so peaceful :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hildie Sunflower all the way!! How gorgeous!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] alot! I think the uniqueness of both names help balance one another… [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] sounding more international/vintage, and Sunflower being whimsical.

I do like [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] [name_f]Marceline[/name_f] alot too.

1 Like

:grin: That’s okay by me, we’re kind of hippy-ish. Besides, most hippies are awesome.

5 Likes

I think [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] Sunflower works perfectly! It’s sweet and simple yet unusual. I like it better than the other combinations you’ve listed.

2 Likes

[name_f]Hildie[/name_f] Sunflower is absolutely gorgeous! I think it’s perfect!

1 Like

:slight_smile:

[name_f]Hildie[/name_f] Sunflower is so sunny and sweet! It’s a lovely combo.

Together with an -ie ending first name, Sunflower is at risk of being a bit too sweet and childish, but I think [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] has just enough quirky clunkiness to it that it works. [name_f]Hilda[/name_f] Sunflower “Hildie” would appeal slightly more to me personally, but I understand it’s not to everyone’s taste.

I also adore [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] [name_f]Marceline[/name_f] and think elegant [name_f]Marceline[/name_f] balances out sweet, bright [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] beautifully.

1 Like

[name_f]Hildie[/name_f] Sunflower is beautiful! [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] [name_f]Buttercup[/name_f] and [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] [name_f]Mazarine[/name_f] are great too.

1 Like

Thank you! I like [name_f]Hilda[/name_f] too, but the husband vetoed it long ago, which is okay with me. I like nicknames as full names.

1 Like

Wow, I’ve never really considered [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] before but I like it! Sunflower isn’t really my style, but it has such a nice meaning for your husband that I think you should use it if you like it. I really like [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] [name_f]Fernanda[/name_f] from your list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[name_f]Hildie[/name_f] Sunflower is bright and lovely.

1 Like

[name_f]Hildie[/name_f] Sunflower is absolutely beautiful I love it so much. I think you found the one. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

[name_f]Hildie[/name_f] [name_f]Marceline[/name_f] is beautiful. [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] Sunflower is cute in a hippy way.

1 Like

So beautiful!!

1 Like

Sunflower is a name that I find easier to imagine on a book character or on an animal than on a real human. However, if you love it, then it’s great for you! I like the sound of [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] and Sunflower together.

1 Like