Have I made a mistake?! Help!

mkmill I feel your pain. Your father has been thoughtless and would probably be sorry that he has caused you tears and pain.

All the best.

I am so sorry you are second guessing yourself! I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] the name you chose! One of my favorite names is [name]West[/name], and I think [name]Weston[/name] makes an amazing first name!

When I named my son, it was a name that none of my family had heard before, and they hated it! Now, a year-and-a-half later, they love the name and cannot imagine him with any other name. I hope a similar situation arises with your family!

Good luck!

[name]How[/name] can people not like his name? its super cool I know a few boys named westen/ westin and have always thought the name was very cool. I assure you that in 15 years your son will thank you for not naming him a super pop name like [name]Aiden[/name]. My name is [name]Meryl[/name] and when i introduce my self many people say like [name]Merrill[/name] [name]Lynch[/name]? It does NOT offend me at all people are just trying to associate an unfamiliar given name to something they now. I like [name]Westen[/name] [name]WAY[/name] more than [name]Colten[/name].

It’s awesome. Strong, classic with a twist, and great nickname!! I posted with the same feelings after I named my son [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] and no one in my family liked it and everyone mispronounced it! Well I kept it- despite all the naysayers. [name]How[/name] can you spell [name]Weston[/name] wrong anyway? I just automatically spell [name]RHYS[/name] out for people now and you know it would be very boring if everyone were named [name]David[/name] or [name]Michael[/name], etc. It’s great and he will love it growing up- sounds handsome too!

I really like it too, and am also very traditional in my name taste. And the nn [name]Wes[/name]! Who could not like that name? It’s great.

I’m glad you’re keeping the name! :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

We also named our son [name]Weston[/name] but we mostly call him [name]Wes[/name], he is 18 months old now and I still love his name as much as the day he was born. Everyone spells it correctly for the most part and I have only gotten compliments on his name so far. I don’t think you have anything to worry about, it’s a great name!

You’re like, barley a week post-partum. Now is the time for the creeping crazies to set in. [name]Remember[/name], you still have about eleventy tons of hormones screwing with your head, so my advice, honestly, is to take a break (weeks long) from name websites and sleep and drink lots of water and let yourself live with his name for a while. If you still feel terrible about it, say, 3 months from now and arre otherwise pretty emotionally stable, then I think its time to reasess [name]Wes[/name]. But don’t for a minute let anybody bully you into disliking your choice.