Have you ever had a correct prediction?

Hey Berries!

Recently a person I knew on FB had a first baby, and when people I know announce pregnancies I like to predict what they are going to name their child (I bet a lot of us do that). This was just a person I used to go to church with, I never was close to her as she is probably 5-6 years older than me. Anyways, for whatever reason, as soon as she announced she was going to have a boy I had a very strong feeling her boy was going to be named [name_u]Theo[/name_u] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. I have no idea why I felt so strongly about that, but I did. Guess what she named her boy?

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m], nn [name_u]Theo[/name_u].

I absolutely blew my own mind. [name_f]Do[/name_f] any of you have a crazy prediction story like that?

Wow, that’s pretty cool! I had a similar experience a few years ago. My uncle and aunt were expecting their first child, which they found out was going to be a boy. Now, my aunt and uncle are both very intelligent, nerdy, quirky people. [name_m]Simon[/name_m] seemed like it would fit the bill for them. They didn’t discuss names before the baby was born at all, so we had no clue. When we got the text that my aunt was in labor, I told my mom I bet they would name him [name_m]Simon[/name_m], because it fit their personalities. Sure enough, the little guy was born…and was dubbed [name_m]Simon[/name_m]! I thought maybe my mom had ran my theory by another relative, who suggested it to my aunt, but nope…they had the name picked out since they found out he was a boy.

I think once you know someone well enough, you can sort of guess their naming style. That or taking a look at the most popular names list can usually yield a clue or two lol

I pride myself in my predictions. I predicting my neighbors baby. They have 2 boys [name_m]John[/name_m] nn [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_m]William[/name_m] nn [name_m]Liam[/name_m], so my guesses were [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] nn [name_m]Tommy[/name_m] and [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] nn [name_m]Nate[/name_m] for a boy, and [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] nn [name_u]Abby[/name_u] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] nn [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] for a girl. It was [name_u]Abby[/name_u]

Only once! When I was around 10-ish, as soon as I heard that my mom’s cousin was pregnant, I had a weird gut feeling that it was a girl and that her name would be [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. I don’t know why, it’s just a feeling that I got. And that’s what happened! I was so proud of myself for some reason :smiley:

I had this happen recently, actually, with my cousin’s baby girl: I guessed the letter (both she and her sister share the same initial, and her sister’s favourite names also share that initial, and I thought it too much a coincidence to brush off) and I predicted the style (nickname-y) just from her personality. From that, I guessed the name - correctly, as I found out when the baby’s name was announced.

An experience that I remember finding almost even more surreal, though, was when I was 8-ish and a young girl ran past me at a restaurant. Weirdly, my thought was, “I bet she’s called [name_f]Emily[/name_f].” Sure enough, the girl’s father called for her soon after and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] was her name. I’m pretty sure I was either overly chuffed or entirely freaked out for the rest of the night.