Having babies! what to name them? Two boys :D

My husband and I are looking for new “hip” names. I noticed this website likes more of the oldies. We are looking for nice casual names, nothing like [name]Zeus[/name] which i saw on cool names, no offence but thats like naming your son a god. And nothing like [name]Beatrix[/name],(evan though thats a girls name) thats sounds like a “bean” sorry we are so picky about names , here are some we like:
[name]Ben[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Pax[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Zac[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] there, and welcome to Nameberry. As you noticed, while all naming styles are welcomed, the majority of Nameberry posters do, and you noticed, favor classic, vintage, and antique names. The creators of this site, [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name], are name experts and authors who have written many books geared toward guiding parents away from trendy, overused names, and toward fashionable, stylish alternatives. Nameberry, their site, is in keeping with their books, which accounts for the posters’ style preferences.

([name]Beatrix[/name] is pronounced with three syllables, [name]Bee[/name]-a-trix, much like [name]Beatrice[/name], so no “bean” sound!) :slight_smile:

[name]Ben[/name]: A nice nickname for [name]Benjamin[/name] or [name]Bennett[/name], but not substantial enough on its own…

[name]Levi[/name]: I’m not personally a fan of [name]Levi[/name], but it’s timeless and Biblical, which I think are great qualities…

[name]Owen[/name]: I love [name]Owen[/name], but it’s becoming rather popular, which may or may not bother you.

[name]Pax[/name]: This one is all Brangelina to me, along with [name]Maddox[/name]. I think [name]Paxton[/name] is a tiny step away from Brangelina, though…

What about other X names, such as [name]Felix[/name], [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Dax[/name], [name]Baxter[/name], [name]Maxwell[/name], [name]Maxfield[/name], [name]Xavier[/name] (pronounced with a Z sound), or [name]Paxton[/name]?

[name]Cole[/name]: I automatically think of [name]Cole[/name] Slaw, but that’s just me! :slight_smile:

[name]Zac[/name]: A nice nickname for [name]Zachary[/name], which is kind of dated, but not substantial enough on its own…

From your list, I vote for [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name].

Other short boys’ names you may like:

[name]Brett[/name]
[name]Brice[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name] (nn [name]Beck[/name])
[name]Dashiell[/name] (pronounced "dash-ill), nn [name]Dash[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] (nickname, Rett)
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]/[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]/[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
The X names above
[name]Zane[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

well thanks you for my first nameberry reply!! I was very excited to get one,and so soon!

hmm… I like the name [name]Bennett[/name] a lot, it is the name
my friends dog! :smiley:

thank you again for all your wonderful ideas! I also like the name [name]Jackson[/name] it also reminds me of a dog!

I’m also getting a dog what should I name it? I think it will really bring the family together! lol I’m just kidding!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: Here are some more names, along the lines of [name]Bennett[/name]…

[name]Cullen[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Camden[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Miller[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Quinten[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Walker[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

My husband and I are looking for new “hip” names. I noticed this website likes more of the oldies. We are looking for nice casual names, nothing like [name]Zeus[/name] which i saw on cool names, no offence but thats like naming your son a god. And nothing like

[name]Beatrix[/name] - [name]Beatrix[/name] is the most wonderful name but it doesn’t sound good with my last name. You have to get used to it and develop a taste for it. [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Vivian[/name], [name]Imogen[/name], and [name]Cecily[/name] (and many others) are in the same vein. Where do you live? That can influence your taste in names. In my little city, my daughter has kids with all kinds of bizarre names in her school. If you name your kid a name on the top ten list, it just sounds odd.

(evan though thats a girls name) thats sounds like a “bean” sorry we are so picky about names , here are some we like:

[name]Ben[/name] - I like it as a nn for [name]Benjamin[/name].
[name]Levi[/name] - Personally I wouldn’t pick this, but it is a cool name.
[name]Owen[/name] - a very handsome name but getting popular.
[name]Pax[/name] - do not like because of [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]. She really bothers me. I don’t know what it is.
[name]Cole[/name] - this is my favorite on your list. I love it as a nn for [name]Nicholas[/name]. [name]Nicholas[/name] is on my all time faves list.
[name]Zac[/name] - I like this spelled [name]Zach[/name]. I like it as a nn for [name]Zachary[/name] or [name]Isaac[/name]. [name]Isaac[/name] is one of my second tier faves lately. [name]Ezekiel[/name] nn [name]Zeke[/name] is cool, too.
I agree with you about [name]Zeus[/name]. I really don’t like it. But I do love [name]Orion[/name]! Although I wouldn’t name my own son that. If I had a son to name this minute, I would probably name him [name]Edward[/name]. So cool! But I always change my mind.

Hey

I like hip names for boys and more stylish for girls.

My favourite for boys at the moment that are a little leftfield are:

[name]Duke[/name], [name]Sullivan[/name], [name]Atticus[/name], [name]Rio[/name], [name]Jet[/name], [name]River[/name], [name]Zephyr[/name], [name]Lennox[/name], [name]Xavier[/name] and [name]Royal[/name]

If you are looking for hip, anything with an ‘O’ in it such as [name]Orlando[/name] is very cool. Also anything with an ‘X’ like [name]Pax[/name], [name]Maddox[/name] and [name]Knox[/name] (lol) is also cool.

Out if your names [name]Cole[/name] is my favourite.

out of your names I like cole and owen the best, levi is okay too.
some names that you might want to consider are
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Tatum[/name] (tate-um)
[name]Alec[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] that helps a little! Congratulations!

Thanks for all the help! Sorry i haven’t replied in so long, I had two twins, baby boys. I decided on [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] !

thanks again for all these great name ideas, !!

Congratulations, [name]Julia[/name]! I love [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name]! Best wishes to you and your family!
:slight_smile: