Having trouble naming this one...

[name]Hi[/name]!

We have a blended family - my husband’s two kids from his previous marriage are [name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Josie[/name]) [name]Lynn[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] [name]Russell[/name]. Our daughter, who is 3, is [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Bernadette[/name]. Now pregnant with #2 (#4?) - another girl due in [name]March[/name] and having trouble finding THE name. I’d also like to avoid another J name and another Z name. I don’t want 3 Js and a Z and I especially don’t want two Js and two Zs.

Here’s what we’re considering and our hesitations:

[name]Harper[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] (worried there are not any good nicknames for [name]Harper[/name] - don’t really want her called [name]Harp[/name])
[name]Edie[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name], but worry about naming a child such a nickname-y name and we don’t like [name]Edith[/name] and my husband hates [name]Elodie[/name])
[name]Sunday[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name], but everyone associates with [name]Nicole[/name] Kidman’s daughter - not sure I care - like the nickname [name]Sunny[/name])
[name]Stella[/name] (too popular?)
[name]Phoebe[/name] (like the name but am not crazy about the nicknames)
[name]Plum[/name] (like the name but if she’s chubby what if kids call her Plump? yikes.)

Any help would be appreciated.
THANKS!

Below are my opinions on these names:

[name]Harper[/name] - I think you can avoid using a nn with this if you don’t care for [name]Harp[/name]. However, if you really don’t like [name]Harp[/name], I would avoid this as the child may choose to use the nn once she’s old enough to decide.
[name]Edie[/name] - If you like this name well enough, then I think it can stand on its own (though I would prefer it as a nn to a longer name). If [name]Edith[/name] and [name]Elodie[/name] won’t work, then how about [name]Eden[/name], [name]Edna[/name], or [name]Edwina[/name]?
[name]Sunday[/name] - I don’t really follow celebrity stuff, so celebrity naming doesn’t really affect my opinions on names. If both you and your husband likes this name, then I think it’s a good option for you.
[name]Stella[/name] - This name has been on the rise, but I don’t think its too popular to use. I don’t think your daughter would have the issue of being one of five in her class or anything if you used this name. I think this is my favorite from your list.
[name]Phoebe[/name] - I think you can avoid nicknames with this one. I don’t know many people named [name]Phoebe[/name], but the ones I’ve encountered did not use a nickname.
[name]Plum[/name] - I think this might work better as a middle name. I think its cute, but I would share your concern about the potential ‘plump’ teasing.

I like your name taste! mine is very similar :slight_smile:

I actually like [name]Sunday[/name] best with [name]Zoe[/name], [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Josie[/name] because I think [name]Zoe[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Josie[/name] and [name]Sunny[/name] is a really cute sounding set!

Other suggestions:

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Josie[/name], [name]Zoe[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Jack[/name] [name]Josie[/name], [name]Zoe[/name] and [name]Piper[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Josie[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] and [name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Josie[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] and [name]Tatum[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Josie[/name], [name]Zoe[/name] and [name]Addison[/name]

GL!

I like your names a lot. :smiley:

I think [name]Edie[/name] is sweet and I don’t think you need to worry about it being a nickname-y name.
I also really enjoy [name]Sunday[/name]. I wouldn’t worry too much about [name]Nicole[/name] Kidman. [name]Sunny[/name] is adorable as a nickname.
Could [name]Plum[/name] be a MN? Not sure I’d want it in the FN position…
Does [name]Harper[/name] need to have a nickname? Does [name]Zoe[/name] have a nickname? [name]Harper[/name] is cute!

GOOD [name]LUCK[/name]!

I would avoid [name]Harper[/name] if you don’t like the sound of [name]Harp[/name]. [name]How[/name] about [name]Hadley[/name]? (nn Haddie)
[name]Edie[/name] - too nickname-y imo
[name]Sunday[/name] - love this name and especially with nn [name]Sunny[/name] - this is my favorite for you!
[name]Stella[/name] - pretty, and I like it with [name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] - I love [name]Phoebe[/name] but I think it’s too matchy with [name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Plum[/name] - does not sound like a real name to me, but could be a cute nn.

Thanks for your input!

I think [name]Sunday[/name] might be winning right now - what do we think for middle name options?

[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]?

I really like [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]! I also like [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]. A few other suggestions:
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]

[name]Sunday[/name] is a great name, I love that choice! It is my favorite on your list. Honestly, I didn’t think of [name]Nicole[/name] Kidman until you brought it up.