Hayes & Maeve?

I was just wondering if [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] would work well as a sibling to [name_m]Hayes[/name_m].

They’re not terribly close, but they do have a similar sound.

Thoughts?

Absolutely love them together!!

They’re darling together, but I think you’re right to worry about the similar sound for practical reasons. With the softer consonants, it’s the long “A” that will stand out when you say them aloud, so confusion is likely.

I think they go well with each other.

Stylistically, they are great together, but they rhyme too much for my taste.

I agree that the repeated “ay” sounds make them a bit tricky for siblings. But it’s no disaster. I really like both names :wink:

Both great names but I could never do it.

I knew a family with a [name_f]Libby[/name_f] and an [name_u]Abby[/name_u] and they said even those names were too close and it drove them nuts.

I see the similarity, but I don’t consider it a deal breaker. I love [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] though so I could be biased, but I don’t think they’re too similar to not consider.

Personally I’m not a fan of [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], but I think it works for you! Especially with [name_m]Hayes[/name_m]. I don’t think they’re too similar–just right to me! :slight_smile:

Thanks, guys!

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_m]Hayes[/name_m] go together perfectly as a result of the similar sounds. For this reason only I would say they are to close. However I love them!

Thanks, everyone!