Hazel?

I’m really falling in love with this name again, but I hate that it’s associated with The Fault In Our Stars. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t get me wrong, it’s a great book/movie, I just don’t want the name to become unusable for me like [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] would always be asked if she was named after a [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_u]Green[/name_u] book? Also, I really need middle name ideas (obviously not [name_f]Grace[/name_f].)

I wouldn’t associate [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] with The Fault in Our Stars. It was a good movie, but not so much that it rocked my world, you know? It was just another sad teen romance. What was that other one… see I don’t even remember the other one, the one with [name_u]Mandy[/name_u] [name_m]Moore[/name_m]. I think for most people, The Fault in Our Stars will be like that, a movie you remember watching, but are fuzzy on the details. It’s my understanding that it’s mostly teens who went mad for it (and the book, haven’t ready any [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_u]Green[/name_u]).

I like [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] a lot.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Aveline[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
Hael [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Faustine[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Indira[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Lux[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]

I love the name [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and I definitely don’t associate it with TFIOS. It’s probably jumped a little in popularity because of it, but I don’t think it’s the type of name that can only be associated with the book/movie like [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]. There have been plenty of Hazels since and will be plenty more coming, but a name like [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] was unique when it was chosen and has really clung to the [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] association.

For what it’s worth, [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is on my list for girls. I absolutely love it.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is an awesome name! TFIOS is great, but even if it wasn’t, the name is still usable…

As [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] wasn’t a rare name before TFIOS came out, like [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] was before HP came out, I think you’ll be okay. I love the name, it’s just a shame the only association I have with it is my aunt (I don’t like her for lots of reasons and I’ve never watched TFIOS).

I think [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is much more common than [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] so won’t be associated to one book or movie or anything, the way [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] is. My prof’s name is [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and I never thought of “Oh like the [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_u]Green[/name_u] book/movie”, even though I loved the book and thought the movie was fine.

What names do you like?

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] work (from your signature).
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Ariane[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Lux[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Thalia[/name_f]