Heather and Natalie

Thoughts on these names?

Please give detailed thoughts and feelings as I’d appreciate them, please.

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] feels very, very 1990s. There were 3 in my elementary class alone, and many more once we got to high school. [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] is beautiful and timeless, albeit a bit popular right now.

I love both [name_f]Heather[/name_f] and [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] - I think they’re beautiful names, and ones you don’t hear often nowadays. I met the sweetest little [name_f]Heather[/name_f] a couple of weeks ago at work though, and it suited her so well.

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] is one of those names that does feel a bit 80s/90s at first glance, but when I think about it again and how beautiful the plant itself is, it takes on a very sweet and timeless feel for me. I think it’s beautiful, and even though it was wildly popular a few decades ago, it isn’t now. For me it would be a nice alternative to the [name_u]Harper[/name_u]/[name_u]Parker[/name_u]/[name_f]Harlow[/name_f], etc situation going on right now. All beautiful names that I actually really like, but are no longer unique.

[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] is a beautiful name as well, but as hope715708 said, it’s increasing in popularity right now.

I really love [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]! I generally resist the idea that names should be retired just because they were popular in a previous generation, but I can’t get past my strong 1970s association with [name_f]Heather[/name_f]. [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] feels more timeless to me.

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] is a little dated, sure, but my favorite name is [name_m]Reginald[/name_m] so I can’t talk :slight_smile: It’s a beautiful name, and I love the plant association! [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] sounds so light and delicate, yet there’s a strength behind the name that I really like. The two are quite pretty together.

I like [name_f]Heather[/name_f] even though it has been used a lot for many years and [name_f]Heather[/name_f] Locklear and all that blonde celebrity-ness. :slight_smile:

I think the Scottish heatheriness of it is what appeals to me, plus I’ve known some great Heathers.

Not many nicknames, but there is [name_f]Hetty[/name_f].

[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] itself looks too hard and pointy, but I love [name_f]Nathalie[/name_f], said the same way, plus the H in it goes nicely with [name_f]Heather[/name_f].

I picture [name_f]Heather[/name_f] and [name_f]Nathalie[/name_f] being lovely young women, intelligent and appealing. [name_f]Heather[/name_f] is more grounded sounding and [name_f]Nathalie[/name_f] more airy-fairy, a ballet sort of name.

Oh [name_m]Reginald[/name_m] is lovely! I like the [name_m]Reginald[/name_m] [name_m]Pine[/name_m] combo!

[name_f]Every[/name_f] [name_f]Heather[/name_f] I’ve ever met has been crazy and blonde, but [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] is a sweet name!

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] is dated, sure. But I think its really beautiful! And is uncommon for the current generation. [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] is a fine name, but I find it a bit flat… it just doesn’t excite me. Good luck.

I think both are fine names. They go well together, especially if you spell it [name_f]Nathalie[/name_f] as suggested above.

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] - the celebrities many think of now will be irrelevant once your daughter hits middle school, so no worries there. [name_f]Heather[/name_f] makes me think of [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] too. Understated and untamed beauty.

[name_f]Natalie[/name_f]/[name_f]Nathalie[/name_f] - both girls I knew in high school bearing these names were nasty girls (ie: famously promiscuous), so it has that association for me. But [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] Portman makes me think [name_m]Black[/name_m] [name_f]Swan[/name_f], V for Vendetta, and [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars, so those are all redeeming, ha! When I think about the sound and look of the name, it does feel [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]-y and lovely.

I remember seeing [name_m]Reginald[/name_m] in your signature, it made my day! [name_m]Reginald[/name_m] is such a fine name and deserves more attention.

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] was never popular where I live so it doesn’t really feel “dated” to me. Personally, I think it’s just okay.

I like the name [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] a lot, but I like [name_f]Natalia[/name_f] even better. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] is timeless and beautiful. [name_f]Heather[/name_f] is ok…kind of 80’s/90’s…and I’m not a fan of names with the “th” sound in them…beginning ([name_f]Thora[/name_f]), middle ([name_f]Heather[/name_f]) or end ([name_f]Edith[/name_f])…because of the lisp-sound.

I dislike [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] very much. The meaning also doesn’t grab me. And “[name_u]Nat[/name_u]” isn’t appealing. Neither [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] nor [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] work for me. They both feel… oddly… like the sort of fat pink birthday cake roses that are too cute and don’t taste good. There’s nothing really unusable about it, but I would never use it.

[name_f]Heather[/name_f]… well… I love [name_m]Heath[/name_m] for a boy. And I love [name_f]Heather[/name_f] flowers, and both heather-gray and heather-purple. And it’s nature-y, which I like. And the -er ending, without being occupational, is appealing. But I probably prefer either [name_f]Briar[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], even a very obscure floral like [name_f]Jonquil[/name_f] or something.

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] does feel slightly dated at the first glance, but the more I think about it, the more I like it. It’s soft but not frilly or cheesy, and I like that it’s a nature name. It makes me think of heather moorlands and [name_f]Heather[/name_f] Ale.
I really don’t like [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]. It doesn’t look appealing to me and makes me think of a very sly, dishonest, phony person, even though I’ve never met a [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]. But I like [name_f]Natasha[/name_f].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Heather[/name_f] for its imagery. [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] I’m not so keen on but I do still meet babies with the name.

I’ve always liked the name [name_f]Heather[/name_f], I grew up with one [name_f]Heather[/name_f] in my class.

For some reason, I’ve never liked [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] - I think it’s because of an association from a different girl I grew up with.

Both seem somewhat dated, but [name_f]Heather[/name_f] just always struck me as cool and pretty.

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] - Absolutely beautiful! I haven’t met anyone named [name_f]Heather[/name_f] myself, but it’s such a beautiful name.
It makes me think of [name_f]Scotland[/name_f], too, like anther post mentions. [name_f]Heather[/name_f] is one of my favourite names, and is on my list, for sure.

[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] - Another beautiful name! I have met a couple of people named [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] myself. [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] is also on my list and I absolutely love it!

I love both [name_f]Heather[/name_f] and [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]! You have a great name style! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] makes me think of the movie Heathers, for obvious reasons. [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] is my best friend’s name. [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] sort of makes me think of mermaids. [name_f]Heather[/name_f] has a nice soft breathy sound to it, but I don’t like it much for a first name.