Heather Jane?

Hey everyone!

I’ve been considering the idea of [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] as a FN/MN combo for my list, but I worry it might be too plain?

I typically would want to liven it up a little bit and add something a bit more modern in the middle spot, but I love [name_f]Jane[/name_f] so much, and I feel like it sounds so sweet and simple?

What are your thoughts on [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]? Last name would begin with D and is two syllables.

ETA: Also, would [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] work better as a double barrelled choice?

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is lovely and goes perfectly with your other combos! If you were looking for a more unusual mn, maybe you’d consider one of these:

Song
[name_u]Cove[/name_u]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Bliss[/name_u]
[name_u]Truth[/name_u]
[name_u]Dove[/name_u]

I wouldn’t use it as a double barrel name.

1 Like

I think it’s gorgeous! [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]! However, if you wanted something a little more unique:

Longer MNs:
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Amoret[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Georgianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Giovanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]

And shorter MNs:
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Livia[/name_f]

Still, [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is adorable and I don’t think it’s too plain. I don’t know your last name, of course, but [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] D has a really nice flow with a two syllable last name.

1 Like

I like it!

I’m not a huge fan of double barrel names, & I think that [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is a bit long. [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] as a fn/mn combo is darling though . It kind of gives [name_f]Heather[/name_f] a more classic feel, which I like. I named my favorite doll [name_f]Heather[/name_f] when I was a little tyke in the early 90s. I kind of stopped liking it, but I think I’m starting to love it again seeing it paired w/such lovely mn. Totally an 80s name that’s ready for a comeback.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] as a double first name! I actually like the vintage [name_f]Jane[/name_f] in middle. The Heathers I know often have [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] as middle name.

2 Likes

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is a little plain IMO

I actually do like [name_f]Heather[/name_f] but I don’t like [name_f]Jane[/name_f] as a middle, as a FN it’s actually quite sweet. I like the idea of a fresher middle. [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is adorable.

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Neve[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_u]Noa[/name_u]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_u]Wynn[/name_u]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]

1 Like

I think [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] sounds beautiful, and I love the timeless effect [name_f]Jane[/name_f] has on [name_f]Heather[/name_f] when they’re combined. I would be surprised to meet a baby [name_f]Heather[/name_f] in 2020, but in a good way. It’s familiar but unexpected and currently very underused. And the lovely [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is icing on the cake. I wouldn’t use it as a double barreled name, but only because double barreled names aren’t my personal style. Assuming you like them, I definitely think [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] would work!

In case you do decide to go for a more unusual name, I love the previous suggestions of [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_u]Wynn[/name_u]. [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_u]Laine[/name_u] are some other names that both remind me of the sound of [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]; maybe one of those would appeal? But if [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is your favorite, I say go for it! [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is a great name.

1 Like

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] are both nice names! I’m all for double barreling, and I think it’s doable together. With the R at the end of [name_f]Heather[/name_f], you may feel that it would flow more easily into a vowel name if you would call her by both.

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Emme[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is so charming and sweet!! I encountered a really cute little girl called [name_f]Heather[/name_f] on a walk the other day and it suited her so well, it’s really grown on me

1 Like

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is a great FN/MN combo in my opinion!

1 Like

Thank you so much everyone! I do really enjoy a lot of the suggestions, ([name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_u]Bliss[/name_u], [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f], [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] & [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] in particular!!) but I don’t think they strike me as much as [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] does! I’m glad it doesn’t seem like too plain of a choice, I just wasn’t sure if it was too much retro all at once?

Thank you all again!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] sounds fresh and crisp and sweet to me. I think it’s an adorable choice. [name_f]Heather[/name_f] isn’t as popular as it was in the 90s/00s.

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Heather[/name_f]-[name_f]Jane[/name_f] as a double barreled name!

1 Like

I like it as a combination, but I actually also really like it as a double-barreled name. I wouldn’t hyphenate it necessarily, but just calling her “[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]” would be adorable, and I think the cute and classic [name_f]Jane[/name_f] balances [name_f]Heather[/name_f] out a bit and makes it feel a bit less dated. (I think it’s a nice name anyway and dated isn’t necessarily bad, but the addition of [name_f]Jane[/name_f] does make it feel more current. They’re both retro, but from different eras so I don’t think it’s too much retro at all.).

1 Like

Thank you all! I may use [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] as a combo and just call her “[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]”! I’ve got a few years yet before we’re planning to have kids, but quarantine/lockdown boredom has me reexamining everything LOL

I like [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]! It took me a while to appreciate the name [name_f]Heather[/name_f], but now it brings me imagery of the plant, which I love.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s too plain but I do find the combo a bit dated. I would use [name_f]Jane[/name_f] to ground a stronger first name.