Hebrew girl's names

Please suggest some? Preferably unique ones.

[name_f]Sela[/name_f] or [name_f]Selah[/name_f] was my first thought. [name_f]Sela[/name_f] is topping my list :slight_smile:
I love Seffora, too, but I guess that Latin. [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f] is a little much for me, though.

[name_f]Aviva[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayelet[/name_f]
Livna
Meira
[name_f]Tirzah[/name_f]

[name_f]Aviva[/name_f] is my favorite Hebrew girls’ name; I know a teenage [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] and have always thought her name practically radiates fun.

I’m also partial to [name_f]Batya[/name_f], [name_f]Chaya[/name_f], [name_f]Nira[/name_f], and [name_f]Ophira[/name_f].

[name_m]Just[/name_m] how unique to you want?

Tzipporah
[name_f]Shifra[/name_f]
Shalshelet
[name_u]Adi[/name_u]
Saffir
Silan
[name_u]Hadar[/name_u]
Tzviah
[name_f]Marah[/name_f]

Are you Jewish and looking for something usable as both a secular and Jewish name? Are you looking for something biblical or modern? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you just want to find a Hebrew name that sounds good to you for whatever reason? There’s a pretty big difference between what mainstream Americans find to be “unique Hebrew names” and what Jews tend to experience as unique or uncommon.

For example, [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] or [name_f]Shira[/name_f] or [name_f]Rivka[/name_f] are extremely typical to most Jews but extremely unique to pretty much everyone else.

FTR, the only use i know of for Silan in Hebrew is in reference to date syrup - for cooking, not as a name.

Chavaleh or [name_f]Elisheva[/name_f]?

I’ve always loved the name [name_f]Chaya[/name_f], [name_f]Sarai[/name_f], [name_f]Shoshana[/name_f] (my favorite!). Here are other names:

• [name_f]Tamar[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Zahava[/name_f]
  • Tzivia
  • [name_f]Tehila[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Talia[/name_f]
  • Hila
  • Irit
  • [name_f]Levana[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Milka[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Ziva[/name_f]
  • Sheliya
  • [name_f]Shani[/name_f]

[name_f]Shoshan[/name_f]
[name_f]Ziva[/name_f]
[name_f]Avigail[/name_f]
[name_m]Zohar[/name_m]
Nehema
[name_f]Neta[/name_f]
Yoha
[name_f]Yardena[/name_f]
Adva
[name_f]Adara[/name_f]
Efrat
[name_f]Galia[/name_f]
Yuval
[name_f]Zivit[/name_f]
[name_f]Raziela[/name_f]
[name_f]Dalit[/name_f]
[name_f]Dalya[/name_f]
Herut
Hila
Margalit
[name_f]Ora[/name_f]
Marganita
Noya
[name_f]Ofra[/name_f]
Alona
Bracha
[name_f]Ilanit[/name_f]
[name_u]Lior[/name_u]
[name_f]Nessa[/name_f]
Nahal
[name_f]Orna[/name_f]
[name_f]Nitza[/name_f]

[name_f]Jethra[/name_f], [name_u]Lior[/name_u], [name_u]Akiva[/name_u], [name_u]Amari[/name_u], [name_f]Abital[/name_f], [name_f]Abelia[/name_f], [name_f]Aphra[/name_f] / Aphrah / [name_f]Afra[/name_f], [name_f]Benjamina[/name_f], [name_f]Deborah[/name_f], [name_f]Ofira[/name_f], [name_f]Ozara[/name_f], [name_f]Nizana[/name_f], [name_u]Paz[/name_u], [name_f]Dinah[/name_f], [name_f]Dalia[/name_f],[name_f]Davina[/name_f], [name_f]Doveva[/name_f], [name_f]Elula[/name_f], [name_f]Elza[/name_f], [name_f]Etana[/name_f], [name_f]Eliora[/name_f], [name_u]Ezri[/name_u], [name_f]Feya[/name_f], [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f], [name_f]Havilah[/name_f], [name_f]Pella[/name_f], [name_f]Penina[/name_f], [name_f]Haviva[/name_f], [name_f]Aviva[/name_f], [name_f]Galila[/name_f], [name_f]Galilee[/name_f], [name_f]Jacoba[/name_f], [name_f]Mehetabel[/name_f] / [name_f]Mehitabel[/name_f], [name_f]Hephzibah[/name_f], [name_f]Keturah[/name_f], [name_f]Jola[/name_f], [name_f]Mahala[/name_f], [name_f]Malka[/name_f], [name_f]Livana[/name_f], [name_f]Natania[/name_f], [name_f]Navi[/name_f], [name_f]Nava[/name_f], [name_f]Neri[/name_f], [name_u]Nima[/name_u], [name_f]Niva[/name_f], [name_f]Nuria[/name_f], [name_f]Raphaela[/name_f], [name_f]Raphia[/name_f], [name_f]Abra[/name_f], [name_f]Sabra[/name_f], [name_f]Salome[/name_f], [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f], [name_f]Sada[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Shoshana[/name_f], [name_u]Tali[/name_u], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], [name_f]Tova[/name_f], [name_f]Tira[/name_f], [name_f]Varda[/name_f], [name_f]Zetta[/name_f], [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f].

[name_f]Dinah[/name_f] was the first Hebrew name to come to mind.

If your looking for names that people wouldn’t raise a real big eyebrow at

[name_f]Hadassah[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Havilah[/name_f]
Havah
[name_f]Amalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Atalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethel[/name_f]

Some more crazy ones
[name_f]Chava[/name_f]
[name_f]Davina[/name_f]
[name_u]Ezri[/name_u]
[name_f]Etana[/name_f]
[name_u]Jael[/name_u]
[name_u]Hadar[/name_u]

Spring13, I would have said the same about Silan until I encountered a little girl with the name. There’s at least one out there!