Helen

Not [name_f]Helena[/name_f] or [name_f]Helene[/name_f]. Simply [name_f]Helen[/name_f]. Thoughts?

[name_f]Love[/name_f] it. It fits with other vintage names that are currently popular like [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]… but doesn’t seem to be as over used as some.

Beautiful , elegant – one of my favorites.

Not my favorite, but it does have it’s appeal.

I second this. Since [name_f]Helen[/name_f] isn’t as frilly as many of the other “revival” names it’s still seen as unfashionable by many, but I think that makes it a good choice - recognizable yet probably the only one in her class.

Sorry, but I really don’t like [name_f]Helen[/name_f]. To me, it is very outdated and not ready for a revival (though I know that some people disagree with me.). I can’t see it on a little girl. Sounds like a grandma name to me. I personally would’t use [name_f]Helen[/name_f]. I do however like [name_f]Helene[/name_f]. : )

I love it. Go for it!

[name_f]Love[/name_f] this one. Beautiful and rarely used.

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f]. It’s a classic name that fits in well with all the vintage revival but isn’t overused - I’d love to meet a little [name_f]Helen[/name_f]. All the adult [name_f]Helen[/name_f]'s I’ve met have been nice people too, so I get good vibes from the name. I much prefer it to [name_f]Helena[/name_f] and [name_f]Helene[/name_f].

It’s strong and beautiful. [name_f]Love[/name_f] it!

[name_f]Helen[/name_f] is lovely and fairly rare these days!

I really like it. It’s classic while still being unusual. And if you wanted a nn I think “[name_u]Lennie[/name_u]” is super cute.

I’m probably the only one who has a hang up with the fact that the name contains “Hell” in it. It just doesn’t sound attractive to me for that reason. I know that most berries like the name though!

[name_f]Helen[/name_f] is everything I love in a girl’s name. It’s classic, elegant, and distinctly feminine without being frilly. It has a long history of use and a simple beauty about it that I quite like. The association with light is pleasant, and it’s also my great-grandmother’s name. She’s one of my personal heroes, so that connection is very significant to me. I went through a phase where I considered variants like [name_f]Helena[/name_f] and [name_f]Helene[/name_f], but I always came back to [name_f]Helen[/name_f]. I really love the name.

I knew a woman named [name_f]Helen[/name_f] who was of Chinese heritage. She was quiet and very smart so I have a positive association for the name… Although I slightly prefer [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Helen[/name_f] wouldn’t have the pronunciation problems of the longer name. And that would probably be part of her appeal: its sweet simplicity. [name_f]Helen[/name_f] is vintage, down-to-earth and sounds like the name of a grown up. Nothing wrong with these traits as far as I can see.

@corajsb – That is one of the reasons I dislike [name_f]Helen[/name_f]. I can just see a little girl being haunted with the nn “Hell/Hel” her whole life…

I like [name_f]Helen[/name_f], it’s sweet, classic and grounded. :slight_smile:

I think it’s a great, solid name!

I love it! I’m biased as its a family name but I think it’s a really elegant name.

I really like it - it’s a classic, strong name. If you wanted a nn, [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] is my favorite. Though I prefer [name_f]Helena[/name_f] myself, I’d love to meet a little girl named [name_f]Helen[/name_f]! She would fit in with all the [name_f]Alice[/name_f]'s and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]'s, but wouldn’t have to share a name with 7 other kids in her class. Perfect!