Helena nn Laney

WDYT? [name]How[/name] do you feel about the name [name]Helena[/name]? [name]How[/name] would YOU say it? Is [name]Laney[/name] good for everyday wear? What other nicknames are there? Three words to describe your impression of ‘a [name]Helena[/name]’. Please be 100% honest: I’d rather hear it from you guys than from my mother-in-law ;). Can it be paired with a whimsical middle or should I do two classics? [name]Helena[/name] [name]Maple[/name], [name]Helena[/name] [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Helena[/name] [name]Colette[/name], [name]Helena[/name] [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Helena[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name], _____? Thanks, everyone!

I love the name [name]Helena[/name]…I pronounce it “[name]Helen[/name]-uh”, so the nickname [name]Laney[/name] doesn’t make much sense with my pronunciation. If you say it “Hel-lay-nuh”, then [name]Laney[/name] makes sense! I think [name]Laney[/name] is a cute nickname, although I have trouble picturing the name on an adult. I love [name]Helena[/name] [name]Maple[/name], that is fun!

I like it. I love the nn [name]Lainey[/name] (how I would spell it for the name I would use, [name]Elaine[/name]). But I think it works here :).

Sounds great. I’ve never thought of that as a nn option but it totally works.

I love it. I say it either way, really. I’d do a whimsical middle. [name]Helena[/name] [name]Colette[/name] is good.

I love the name [name]Helena[/name]. I pronounce it huh-[name]LAY[/name]-nuh and it was on our short list for a long time with the NN of [name]Lane[/name] so [name]Laney[/name] could definitely work. I really like [name]Helena[/name] [name]Maple[/name]. I think the idea of using a fun whimsical middle is great.

Thanks, everyone. I love the suggestion of just [name]Lane[/name] as a nickname! I think the nickname [name]Lane[/name] or [name]Laney[/name] would help lead people to my preferred pronounciation (he-[name]LAY[/name]-nah). I worry that [name]Helena[/name] is a little too serious. Am I nuts? I’m glad you guys liked [name]Helena[/name] [name]Maple[/name].

If I am honoring someone named [name]Helen[/name] (hel-en) is it OK to use [name]Helena[/name]?