Helena prn Heh-lee-na?

I’m watching a show with my brother, and they have a lady on it named [name]Helena[/name], but it’s pronounced Heh-lee-na.

What do you think of that pronunciation?
Also, it made me realise, yet again, how pretty [name]Helena[/name] (prn heh-lay-na), [name]Elena[/name] (prn eh-lay-na) and [name]Selena[/name] are.

I used to love it with that pronunciation. I used to talk to a woman from another forum who had a daughter named [name]Helena[/name] (with that pronunciation), and until then I hated the name. I started to appreciate it because of her, and after I joined Nameberry I grew to like the [name]Helen[/name]-ah pronunciation better, but I still like heh-[name]LEE[/name]-nah. :slight_smile: I think heh-[name]LAY[/name]-nah and HEH-len-ah are easier to enforce, though.

I know a girl named Heleena who loves her name (pronounced Heh-lee-nuh). I prefer Heh-lay-nuh as the pn though. However, I can’t get past the first syllable of hell. I prefer [name]Selena[/name] and [name]Elena[/name].

I don’t really care for that pronouciation. I love either (Heh-lay-na) or (Hel-len-a)

I like both the lee and the lay pronunciations and I think I would probably use the lee one as it is easier to say. I dislike [name]Helen[/name] uh.

rollo