Helena Variations

Okay, so recently I’ve really started to like the name [name]Helena[/name]. But I know there are different ways that people pronounce it. What I want to know is how you guys pronounce it, or any variations of the name that you like.

I really love this name pronounced [name]Helen[/name]-uh, but I didn’t use it cause so many people say Huh-lay-nuh or Huh-leen-uh…nothing against those pronunciations, just don’t love them the same! Had the same problem with [name]Corinne[/name]!! Too many ways to say it!

I say Hel-ay-nah, I think its beautiful. To me, it sounds a little middle aged when pn’d the other ways.

I love [name]Helena[/name]! I say it like [name]Helen[/name]-ah. I also love the Scottish [name]Eilidh[/name] (AY-lee), the Greek [name]Eleni[/name] (eh-[name]LEN[/name]-ee), and the Italian/Spanish/etc. [name]Elena[/name].

I say it He-lay-na, or [name]Helen[/name]-ah.
I love [name]Elena[/name], [name]Eleni[/name]/[name]Elene[/name].

See, I pronounce it like [name]Helen[/name]-uh as well, but everyone in my community would most definitely pronounce it Hel-ay-nuh, which I don’t like nearly as much. I know if I ever named a little girl [name]Helena[/name] where I live, people would always be pronouncing her name wrong and that’s sad.
I think I would like the name [name]Elena[/name] a lot more if I didn’t know and dislike someone with that name. I hate it when that happens, you find a beautiful name and then you meet a horrible person who ruins it!

I pronounce it as Huh-lay-nuh. A friend of mine is considering this name, but I believe they are thinking of spelling it Helaina instead to avoid the [name]Helen[/name]-uh pronunciation.

My daughter is named [name]Helena[/name], and we say it [name]Helen[/name]-uh. I think all three pronunciations are beautiful, though.