Helena

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Helena[/name_f] has the potential to be a name, made fun of because the first syllable in the name is “hel”? I know kids can be mean and I want to account for all possibilities. Are there any bad connotation you would associate this name with? [name_m]Just[/name_m] want to cover all my bases. I think its such an elegant name, and I love the nickname [name_f]Nell[/name_f].

our short list also includes:
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_u]Marion[/name_u]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

I think it’s a beautiful name…I think kids today are all gonna have unique names so they won’t really pick on names like they used to. Of course kids will always find something to make fun of if they want to be mean, but I don’t think that’s something they would think of.

I love the the name [name_f]Helena[/name_f], but only the Western way with the emphasis on the first syllable: HEL-uh-na. The teasing potential doesn’t bother me as much as many other names because it’s the kind of thing 7-year-olds giggle about and grow out of pretty fast. There’s no sexual innuendo teasing potential, which I think can be much more devastating for girls.

This name is in my personal top 2 list. I absolutely love it and the nickname [name_f]Nell[/name_f].

I wouldn’t worry about her being picked on. Honestly, children can find a way to turn any name into a joke or annoying chant. I agree with the pervious comment… So long as there’s no sexual innuendo, you’re fine.

I pronounce it huh-lee- na, so teasing wouldn’t be an issue.

I don’t think you’d run into any serious problems using it. [name_f]Helena[/name_f] is a lovely name, and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] is a sweet nickname. I’d use it.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Helena[/name_f] it’s so strong, yet gracious and I prefer nickname [name_f]Nella[/name_f].

[name_f]Helena[/name_f] is a wonderful name. Classy, elegant, timeless, and not too popular.