Helllllppp!

My baby girl is due in a week and I really want to name her something with a “G” to honor my late Mom. Her name was [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f] so can’t do that. Her middle name was [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] so what does everyone think of:
Grayleigh [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
Or Graylie [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
Maybe:
[name_u]Logan[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u] (too masculine)?
[name_u]Drew[/name_u] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]?
The idea is too try to have her initials be some form of GLB even if they aren’t in order ([name_u]Drew[/name_u] doesn’t accomplish that but love the name).
Any thoughts or new names for me??? Thanks!!!

Would you consider [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] as a first name? I think it’s beautiful.

Good luck

2 Likes

What do you think about [name_f]Liliane[/name_f] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]/Lillian [name_u]Grey[/name_u]/Lillian [name_u]Greyson[/name_u]?

2 Likes

You could do [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]. [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] would be pretty.

3 Likes

I think [name_u]Gray[/name_u] works just fine. Turning it into Grayleigh or Graylie is just an unnecessary attempt at making it more feminine when you can actually have the middle name do that for you

[name_u]Gray[/name_u] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] is actually lovely. [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] does add that feminine touch that [name_u]Gray[/name_u] lacks

4 Likes

Genevieve [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Gracelyn[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]

1 Like

Lovely idea to honor your mother this way.

However, I’m not into Grayleigh unfortunately, but [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] is pretty. What about [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]? Or [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]? Or [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]? Or maybe just [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] (nn “[name_f]Lily[/name_f]”) as a first name?

2 Likes

Thank you! I love the name, but it’s sooooo popular! I really like unique names, or as you can see I like gender neutral names a lot for some reason!

1 Like

Do you like [name_u]Gray[/name_u] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]? [name_f]My[/name_f] last name is [name_m]Burke[/name_m] and [name_u]Gray[/name_u] [name_m]Burke[/name_m] just sounds so manly!

Lillia is pretty! But she may be called [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and again so popular!!!

1 Like

I agree with you! I was trying to love Grayleigh but it doesn’t sound right when you say it out loud, even though it is pretty written!

1 Like

I wish I could get into [name_f]Lily[/name_f]! I even like [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] but I think that has a bad or somber meaning like ghost or something lol

If I am honest, I don’t care for it. The flow of [name_u]Gray[/name_u] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] just isn’t great to me (though not the worst thing, names don’t have to flow nicely together), and in general, I just don’t really like [name_u]Gray[/name_u] as a first name, especially for a girl. I think [name_u]Gray[/name_u] [name_m]Burke[/name_m] sounds pretty cool, but I agree with you that it sounds very masculine.

1 Like

Ugh. I don’t think this baby will have a name! She’s been [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] since conception so was trying to give her a longer “G” name. Maybe just [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]?

4 Likes

Forgot to mention — [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] means [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. So if you don’t like the popularity of [name_f]Lily[/name_f], you could choose a “G” name and then [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] as the middle.

Greer [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]

Otherwise:

Georgette [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] (nn “[name_u]Georgie[/name_u])

Genevieve is usually the long form of GiGi by the way! There’s also [name_f]Gianna[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f].

My favorite is: [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] (nn “[name_u]Georgie[/name_u]” for that unisex feel)

3 Likes

I like [name_u]Gray[/name_u] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], but see where you are coming from with [name_u]Gray[/name_u] [name_m]Burke[/name_m] sounding quite masculine.
Others to try out:

Greer [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]
[name_f]Gretchen[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Gracie[/name_f] / [name_u]Gracen[/name_u]

1 Like

Love it! What do you think about “[name_f]Lilou[/name_f]” which means [name_f]Lily[/name_f] in [name_u]French[/name_u]? I’m grasping for something different here lol

4 Likes

I really like Gigi for you! Gigi Burke is very succinct, cool and catchy. Gigi Lillian (Burke) sounds very fashionable to me.

Love Lilou, too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Gray Burk3 does sound quite manly, I wasn’t aware of the surname before suggesting that. What about these G names?

Genoveva
[name_f]Gala[/name_f]
[name_f]Galia[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Ginebra[/name_f]

2 Likes

Love it! Very elegant :stars: I would probably use it as a middle name though! For instance, you could call her [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Lilou[/name_f] and then just nickname her “[name_u]Georgie[/name_u]” to satisfy that unisex requirement :purple_heart:

1 Like