Hello everyone :)

[name]Hi[/name] everybody! I hope you all are well.
I haven’t been around lately and am so glad to be back and reading all the posts I missed! I have alot of catching up to do.

Anyway I have exciting news, we are getting a cat :). My husband was going to surprise me for my birthday but wanted me to pick out the breed etc, and we’re all very excited.

My birthday is the 9th of this month (and on the 8th will be my daughters 4 month birthday!!!) and we will be picking up the cat on the 29th. So I have not long to think of a name and I want it to be perfect!

Tomorrow I will post a list of what I’m considering but I’m thinking along the lines of [name]Flora[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] (f-themed not necessary). And will post more later, I have to go now because [name]Genevieve[/name] is screaming! But feel free to post suggestions now :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance!

[name]Welcome[/name] back and congrats on your little girl and your cat:) [name]Genevieve[/name] is a gorgeous name did you choose a middle name for her? Well i love the names [name]Flora[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] heres a few i thought of as well
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Fifi[/name]
[name]Lulu[/name]
[name]Jezebel[/name]
Kooky
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Mimi[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name] ([name]Maggie[/name] depending on the colour i suppose)
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Scout[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]/ [name]Trixie[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Sienna[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Blossom[/name]
[name]Velvet[/name]
[name]Claribel[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Petula[/name]
Deliliah
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Valerie[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Josie[/name] – and welcome back!

Perhaps your natal flower might prove inspiring for a name for your new kitty? If you’d like to find out, and if you’d like to be added to the Birthday List, you can go do a posting to this topic:

– [name]Nephele[/name]

Please do not use a human name for your cat. You may inadvertently spoil the name for a friend who wants to use it for a child!

There are so many wonderful “cat names” out there. Think of adjectives or nouns that describe your cat. For inspiration, you could look at Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats by T.S. [name]Eliot[/name].
Good luck. P.S. I think cats prefer 1-in-a-kind sort of names.

I was missing you, [name]Josie[/name]! [name]Glad[/name] you came by. [name]Hope[/name] your little girls are fine.
I love to think of kitty names. [name]Flora[/name] is great, because it’s easy to say.

[name]Cat[/name] names:

Boys:
[name]Alfie[/name]
[name]Bernie[/name]
[name]Bruno[/name] - love
[name]Cairo[/name] - love Egyptian place names for cats
[name]Cosmo[/name] - love
[name]Destry[/name]
[name]Dewey[/name] - one of our cat’s nicknames. My husband called him The Dewster the other night. Another nn is Dew.
[name]Dilly[/name] nn Dill
[name]Freddie[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Jones[/name] - I had a kitty with this name
[name]Moses[/name] nn Mokie, Momo, [name]Moe[/name]-ie, [name]Mosie[/name], this is my kitty’s name
[name]Pan[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Sigmund[/name] nn [name]Ziggy[/name]
[name]Tony[/name]
[name]Wally[/name], could be a nn for [name]Wallace[/name]
[name]Zoltan[/name]

Girls:
[name]Brigitte[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Cluny[/name]
[name]Delores[/name]
[name]Dolly[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Ginger[/name] - sometimes a cliche can be such fun, nn [name]Gingie[/name].
[name]Glenda[/name]
[name]Luella[/name]
[name]Memphis[/name] - another Egyptian name
Muzzie - a character in the movie “Thoroughly Modern [name]Millie[/name]”. My friend named his cat Muzzie.
[name]Oona[/name]
[name]Pansy[/name]
[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Queenie[/name] - I am crazy about [name]Queenie[/name]!
[name]Suzette[/name] nn [name]Suzy[/name]
[name]Tansy[/name] - this would be lots of fun to say all the time.
[name]Wendy[/name] - I love this name.
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Zsa[/name] [name]Zsa[/name]
[name]Zuzu[/name]

So, it sounds like you are getting a female cat. I don’t know if these will help you, but I thought I would share the list of most popular cat names with you.

Top 30 Female [name]Cat[/name] Names

1. [name]CHLOE[/name]
  2. [name]LUCY[/name]
  3. [name]CLEO[/name]
  4. [name]PRINCESS[/name]
  5. [name]ANGEL[/name]
  6. [name]MOLLY[/name]
  7. [name]KITTY[/name]
  8. [name]SAMANTHA[/name]
  9. [name]MISTY[/name]
  10. [name]MISSY[/name]
  11. [name]SOPHIE[/name]
  12. [name]BABY[/name]
  13. [name]MAGGIE[/name]
  14. [name]ZOE[/name]
  15. [name]CALLIE[/name]
  16. [name]JASMINE[/name]
  17. PATCHES
  18. [name]SASHA[/name]
  19. [name]GRACIE[/name]
  20. [name]PRECIOUS[/name]
  21. [name]DAISY[/name]
  22. [name]SHADOW[/name]
  23. [name]GINGER[/name]
  24. SASSY
  25. [name]LILY[/name]
  26. [name]BELLA[/name]
  27. [name]ABBY[/name]
  28. SMOKEY
  29. [name]ANNIE[/name]
  30. [name]TIGGER[/name]

And, just for fun

Top 30 [name]Male[/name] [name]Cat[/name] Names

1. [name]MAX[/name]
  2. [name]TIGGER[/name]
  3. [name]TIGER[/name]
  4. SMOKEY
  5. [name]OLIVER[/name]
  6. [name]SIMBA[/name]
  7. [name]SHADOW[/name]
  8. [name]BUDDY[/name]
  9. [name]SAM[/name]
  10. [name]SAMMY[/name]
  11. [name]CHARLIE[/name]
  12. [name]SIMON[/name]
  13. [name]OSCAR[/name]
  14. [name]LUCKY[/name]
  15. [name]JAKE[/name]
  16. [name]SEBASTIAN[/name]
  17. [name]JACK[/name]
  18. [name]GEORGE[/name]
  19. [name]ROCKY[/name]
  20. [name]BAILEY[/name]
  21. [name]TOBY[/name]
  22. [name]MILO[/name]
  23. [name]BUSTER[/name]
  24. [name]LEO[/name]
  25. [name]RUSTY[/name]
  26. OREO
  27. GIZMO
  28. [name]FELIX[/name]
  29. [name]CHESTER[/name]
  30. [name]HARLEY[/name]

You can view the article yourself at http://www.petplace.com/cats/top-names-for-cats/page1.aspx

And for anyone interested, you can see the top names for dogs at http://www.petplace.com/dogs/top-names-for-dogs/page1.aspx

It is very interesting how many of the top pet names are also among the top baby names. So, while using a human name for a pet might ruin it for some friends and family, it’s apparently not deterring many people.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Josie[/name]! It’s great to hear from you, and I hope the babies are doing well. :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] don’t use any name you may want to use on any future babies you may have. :slight_smile:

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Thomasina[/name] (nn [name]Tamsin[/name])
[name]Willa[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]. Some possible names for your new cat-

[name]Fantine[/name]
[name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Catalina[/name]
[name]Claudette[/name]
[name]Claudine[/name]
[name]Catriona[/name]
[name]Chantelle[/name]

Good luck! [name]Hope[/name] you and your girls are well.

Hello Aklein, thank you! Yes, [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]May[/name]. [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is her twin, [name]Jane[/name] and [name]May[/name] are family names from my and my husbands side.

Some suggestions you gave that I love:
[name]Fifi[/name], especially as a nn for [name]Fiona[/name]! I love it :slight_smile:
[name]Beatrix[/name], I love the name but I have seen a pic of the cat and just don’t think it works
[name]Celia[/name] and [name]Cecelia[/name]! And [name]Cecily[/name] now that I think of it. But I think maybe I’d like to save these in case of any more little girls… I really love them.
[name]Matilda[/name], [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Valerie[/name] I love.

But my favorite…
[name]Delilah[/name]!

Thank you!! :smiley:

Thank you Nepehele but I think Glaucous-leafed Aletris is a bit of a mouthful! Haha :slight_smile:

Thanks for your opinion [name]Deidre[/name], but I plan on using a human name. I have very different naming style to all my friends and family so I don’t think spoiling a name will be a problem :slight_smile:

Girls:
[name]Brigitte[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Cluny[/name]
[name]Delores[/name]
[name]Dolly[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Ginger[/name] - sometimes a cliche can be such fun, nn [name]Gingie[/name].
[name]Glenda[/name]
[name]Luella[/name]
[name]Memphis[/name] - another Egyptian name
Muzzie - a character in the movie “Thoroughly Modern [name]Millie[/name]”. My friend named his cat Muzzie.
[name]Oona[/name]
[name]Pansy[/name]
[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Queenie[/name] - I am crazy about [name]Queenie[/name]!
[name]Suzette[/name] nn [name]Suzy[/name]
[name]Tansy[/name] - this would be lots of fun to say all the time.
[name]Wendy[/name] - I love this name.
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Zsa[/name] [name]Zsa[/name]
[name]Zuzu[/name][/quote]

Thank you [name]Susan[/name], the girls are great but keeping their mum and dad busy! I forgot to mention it is a girl and is also called [name]Scarlett[/name] by the lady we are buying it from. I don’t like [name]Scarlett[/name] that much tho.

You have some really fun names on your list!! I like [name]Cleo[/name], [name]Luella[/name], [name]Zsa[/name] [name]Zsa[/name] and [name]Zuzu[/name] and especially [name]Tansy[/name] but [name]Tansy[/name] is the name of an electronic store where I live :frowning:

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Thanks for the list k_lareese, that’s really interesting! It’s funny because the number 1 girls name is my cousin and the 2nd is my sister. [name]Baby[/name], princess and precious? Oh well, at least it isn’t the people name list!

Thanks [name]Jill[/name], I think I like every one of your suggestions!
I ran [name]Isadora[/name] by my husband and he didn’t like it, even tho I love it :frowning:

I think I may be leaning toward [name]Delilah[/name], my husband likes it and I love it but wouldn’t use it for a child…
What do you think?
Thanks for the suggestions :slight_smile:

Thank you Nepehele but I think Glaucous-leafed Aletris is a bit of a mouthful! Haha :)[/quote]

Hahaha! I think so, too!

[name]How[/name] about an anagram? Give me the title of a favorite song, or book. I’ll see what I can get out of it for you.

– [name]Nephele[/name]

Thank you Nepehele but I think Glaucous-leafed Aletris is a bit of a mouthful! Haha :)[/quote]

Hahaha! I think so, too!

[name]How[/name] about an anagram? Give me the title of a favorite song, or book. I’ll see what I can get out of it for you.

– [name]Nephele[/name][/quote]

Sure!

Song:
Ten Ft. Tall
or
Like a river
or
Going [name]North[/name]
or
Who’d have known

Haha I couldn’t pick, so you can! Sorry none of the names are very long…

And book:
The Book Thief
The Memory Keeper’s Daughter
or [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] Series :slight_smile:

And my husbands is anything by [name]Dan[/name] [name]Brown[/name] (even tho he rarely admits it)

That was really hard to choose!!
Thanks so much :smiley:

Here are a couple for you, [name]Josie[/name]:

[name]Kerri[/name] [name]Elvia[/name] = Like a [name]River[/name]

[name]Gwenith[/name] [name]Conchata[/name] = [name]Tango[/name] with [name]Chance[/name] (from Going [name]North[/name])

– [name]Nephele[/name]

I love [name]Elvia[/name] and [name]Gwen[/name]! Thank you [name]Nephele[/name]! You are amazing :slight_smile:

I even love [name]Tango[/name] in the name [name]Tango[/name] with [name]Chance[/name].