Hello, new members!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_u]Rowen[/name_u], and I go by [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] on Nameberry. I am the (self-appointed and completely unofficial) [name_u]New[/name_u] Member Greeter Person. I am not a moderator- I’m not even a regular yet (but it’s like my dream to become one)!

If you are a new member, here are some things you should know:

1. We are all automatically your friends. Congratulations on getting a bunch of new friends.
  2. If you are unsure about something, don’t be afraid to ask! If you have a question about the site, you can ask it on the All About Nameberry Quick Question thread in #all-about-nameberry.
  3. @katinka is The Big Supreme [name_m]Boss[/name_m] here. Listen to her. ([name_m]Don[/name_m]'t worry, she’s really nice). If you have a concern about a topic (make that a concern about anything), and don’t feel comfortable posting it for whatever reason, private message her.
  4. Everybody here should be friendly and welcoming. All posts should be polite. If you see something rude or inappropriate, flag it!
  5. I would suggest against putting your full name on Nameberry. However, many users put their real first names. Others choose a name for themselves. [name_f]Do[/name_f] whatever you feel comfortable with! But please come up with something to go by, so we can refer to you without typing your username.
  6. User cards! Your user card is what is displayed when somebody clicks on your profile picture at the top of your posts. I’m not going to explain how to use them right now because I’m getting sick of typing all this, but listen: No matter what people say, the user card is not the place to describe yourself. User cards are to list your favorite name combos! I mean, put your name (or chosen nameberry name) and (optional) age, and maybe a line about yourself, but leave space for names!
  7. Teenberries! If you are a teenager, PLEASE check out the teenberries thread in Everything but Names. I am a teenberry (I know, shocking, right? I seem so MATURE) and I can tell you firsthand that the Teenberries are a very supportive community. You’ll get to know us all a little bit.
  8. That’s all (for now). If you are a new user, please reply to this so we can say hi to you!

Your new friend, [name_f]Birdie[/name_f]. (@katinka did I do well?)
:smiley:

14 Likes

This is a lovely idea, thank you @Miss_Mayhem :blush:

4 Likes

You’re gonna be a great New Member Greeter Person [name_f]Birdie[/name_f]

3 Likes

Oh, and I forgot to mention:
The Nameberry community is

Fun
Accepting
Nice
Talkative
Affectionate
Supportive
Terrific
Incomparable
Caring

and Helpful but there was no H.
You’re fantastic!

4 Likes

Hi, [name_f]Birdie[/name_f]/Rowen. I am definitely not a new user but this is my first post!

5 Likes

Hi [name_f]Eva[/name_f]! :smile:

2 Likes

Hi [name_f]Eva[/name_f]! Nice to hear from you :grin:

2 Likes

Hi [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]! How are you today :)?

1 Like

I’m fine :grin: You?

1 Like

I’m fine too. I have a lot of google meets for school today though. What are you doing today?

I’m in winter break (ours is not based on [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], in [name_u]February[/name_u] instead) so nothing right now :grin:

1 Like

Lucky! I have half term soon but it’s only a couple of days :((

1 Like

1 Like

this is really helpful lol. Maybe when anyone becomes a new member they should be sent this cos they will have to stumble across it
i probably should have read this when became a new member lol
(ik im still kinda new but anyways)

1 Like

This- I love it-

2 Likes

bumping this wonderful post :grin:

Also, [name_f]Birdie[/name_f], you doing okay? We haven’t seeen you in a while.

1 Like