Hello!

Hello!

I've been reading the message boards for a few months, and just joined.  You all seem so sweet, and give great advice!  I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

I'm not pregnant--I'll be thrilled when I am, and am so excited to be a mother--but I'm single and 23, so I still have a lot of time.

I do have a name that I want to use for my first daughter, and I was wondering if I could get some opinions?  [name]Kathryn[/name] [name]Michele[/name].  I know it sounds a little dated, and that those aren't the traditional spellings.  I love the beautiful [name]Catherine[/name].  But [name]Kathryn[/name] and [name]Michele[/name] are both women I want to honor--[name]Kathryn[/name] is someone I admire and adore, and [name]Michele[/name] is a dear friend.

Also, what would you call a little girl named [name]Kathryn[/name] ([name]Kathryn[/name], [name]Kathy[/name], [name]Katy[/name], [name]Kat[/name], [name]Kate[/name], [name]Kit[/name])?

Thanks!
[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Tara[/name]! (There’s another sweet [name]Tara[/name] on Nameberry, and every [name]Tara[/name] I’ve known has been so kind…)

I’m more of [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name] person myself, but I think the importance of the [name]Kathryn[/name] spelling to you is what’s important! I think it’s wonderful that you’ll be honoring friends. :slight_smile: And if you change your mind about the spelling, I think a [name]Kathryn[/name] could still be honored with [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name].

As for the nickname, I’d personally call a [name]Kathryn[/name] (or any [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name]) [name]Kate[/name], because I love it so much. I also love [name]Kitty[/name]/[name]Kit[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name]!

I honestly don’t think [name]Kathryn[/name] is ever dated, because of its position as a classic, but I certainly do prefer its other spellings. It’s really the Y that throws me off. The addition of [name]Michele[/name] is what sends the name into “dated territory” in my opinion, but the significance of honoring a loved one wins in this case for me. You could always try and honor [name]Michele[/name] in choosing a name with the same meaning, “Who is like God?” Personally, I don’t think you need to choose the exact same spelling to honor a person’s name - [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], and [name]Katharine[/name] are just as good in honoring your loved one!

My favorite nicknames for [name]Kathryn[/name] are [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Kitty[/name]. For [name]Catherine[/name], I like [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Cat[/name], and for both [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Katharine[/name], [name]Kate[/name], [name]Kitty[/name], and [name]Kit[/name] win!

Well I actually love the spelling of [name]Kathryn[/name] I think it is a modern look at a gorgeous classic. A great combo is [name]Kathryn[/name] [name]Belle[/name], which has the French connection like [name]Michele[/name].

I like [name]Michele[/name] it is pretty and makes a good mn but it is a little dated.

I would most definitley use the nn [name]Kate[/name]. Its gorgeous and sophisticated (can I spell? Is that right? It looks weird…) I also have to agree that [name]Kathryn[/name] is not dated…I’m not sure it ever will be.

Thanks everyone!

Like a lot of you, I’m loving the nn [name]Kate[/name]! I hadn’t even thought about it at first, but the more I hear / see / think about it, the more I love it!

[name]Kathryn[/name] [name]Michele[/name] is nice and I like this spellign of [name]Kathryn[/name]…it makes it a little different.
I’d use [name]Kate[/name]/[name]Katie[/name] for nn too!