Help! 3 weeks old and still stuck

I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy nearly 3 weeks ago and am still stuck on a name! I am desperate to have something to call him and since I am a single parent I have no one (other than family) to talk through ideas and baby names.

I am between [name_u]Remi[/name_u] and [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] although I have received mixed reactions and everyone definitely has a preference. [name_f]My[/name_f] middle name choice for both was going to be [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u].

During my pregnancy I was certain that I preferred J names, such as [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] and [name_u]Jonah[/name_u], although none of them seemed right when my baby arrived. Names like [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] and [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] also appeal to me but I just can’t come to a final decision and am concerned that I am now running out of time. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thank you for reading!

4 Likes

Congrats!!! I’m confident you will find a name you love soon!

Is [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u] an honor name? I think it’s super classy! And it seems like you already love that combo. You could always give him the nickname [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] :hugs:

Some other ideas:

[name_u]Walter[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_u]Archer[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_u]Connor[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]

Good luck!

2 Likes

James Drew is fabulous. You could just have that. James is a fantastic classic name. Jamie is a cute nn while a boy.
Rupert James Drew sounds pretty good and I also love Elliott James Drew.

So, I would recommend either
just

James Drew
OR
Rupert James Drew
OR
Elliot James Drew.

They are all excellent choices.
I am not going to cause you extra confusion by listing all the names that might go with James Drew. There are just too many and I don’t think it is needed. You have excellent taste!

Oh, and I forgot Remi James Drew, which I think is highly original. My granddaughter, Layla was here when I was replying to you. She recommends Elliott James Drew. She thinks it’s cool. So there you go.

3 Likes

I’m a big [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] fan so I vote for [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]! So dashing!

3 Likes

Remi & Rupert are both very sweet in their own distinct ways!
Remi feels gentle & creative to me. He gives me backpacking, surfer, has a record player in his car just in case vibes.
Rupert feels friendly & vintage. He gives me playing chess at the park, can give you lots of random bird facts, loves to read vibes. Plus, the nickname Rue is fab!
James Drew flows wonderfully & is very handsome :slight_smile:
All of the names you mentioned feel gentle, handsome, & creative (maybe literary?). There’s not a bad one in the bunch!
Ultimately, it comes down to which name is most meaningful to you. What name do you want to hear on a daily basis for the rest of your life? Which one sounds right when you look into his beautiful eyes :)?
Congratulations on your sweet little man!! I hope your postpartum healing is going well :heart:

Some other ideas:

Summary

Elio James Drew
Willoughby James Drew
Omri James Drew
Alder James Drew
Thaddeus James Drew
Hazel James Drew
Loic James Drew
Barnaby James Drew
w i l d c a r d
Poet James Drew

1 Like

I think [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] is heavily associated with [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] [name_f]Soot[/name_f] these days.

[name_u]Remi[/name_u] and [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] are both lovely!

[name_u]Remi[/name_u] is warm, stylish and fresh, with gentleness and international flair.

[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] is a little more regal, [name_f]British[/name_f] with ‘grandpa’ vibes and a sort of zippy-yet-classic feel.

I personally prefer [name_u]Remi[/name_u], but I think it depends on what ‘feel’ you want to go with or think would suit baby.

A couple of suggestions: [name_u]Rudy[/name_u], [name_m]Rufus[/name_m], [name_m]Ralph[/name_m], [name_u]Marley[/name_u], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_u]Monty[/name_u], [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]

3 Likes

@Greyblue I love the suggestion of [name_u]Rudy[/name_u]! I think it’s a great balance of the styles of [name_u]Remi[/name_u] and [name_m]Rupert[/name_m]

1 Like

Remi is so sweet and fun, so he gets my vote!

Going to throw out:
Bennett
Toby
Frankie
Arlo
Rooney
Wilkie
Wells

1 Like

Congrats!! :slight_smile:

I agree with others who have suggested just using [name_u]James[/name_u] Drew… what a great combo! And the nickname [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] is very cute.

Between [name_u]Remi[/name_u] & [name_m]Rupert[/name_m], I prefer [name_u]Remi[/name_u]. (Rupert tends to make me think of [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] Bear.)

Hey new mum, don’t be hard on yourself, there’s a lot going on! In my jurisdiction, you have 60 days to register a baby name so I’d check that first, you likely have some time yet.

As for your two main names, one of my friends has two boys: Rupert and Remy! I like them both - Rupert feels smart, British and debonair; Remy (I think I prefer Remy to Remi) gives handsome, cheeky and fun. They’re both pretty dashing! I personally prefer Rupert but they’re both good choices.

Rupert flows easier to James Drew - I find it a little hard to say Remi James Drew. I think a longer name instead of James would work better - eg Remi Christopher Drew (needn’t be Christopher, just giving the idea).

For other firsts, I really like Wilfred as a name close to the ones you’re thinking - though it doesn’t flow as well to James or Drew (would need new middle, at least for that first one). Means you can use Will, Wilf, Wilfy or Freddie as nicknames.

Otherwise, I would choose:

James Drew

Elliott James Drew

or suggested

Conall (great meaning and would go perfectly with James Drew)

Rafferty (cool name, sweet spot between Rupert and Remy and again matches James and Drew - though I might just use Andrew, flows a little easier)

or

Sebastian (I just love this name and works with your middles combo)

Good luck! At some point, block out others’ views and go with the name that makes your heart happy.

2 Likes

And let us know what you decide! [name_m]Just[/name_m] throwing out, [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] no longer makes me think of [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] bear. I worked with an adult [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] and he put the name on another level for me.

[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u] is classy!

Congratulations! :smiling_face: Take your time and check your jurisdiction.

I really like [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]! I also would like [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]. [name_u]Remi[/name_u] is nice too, but [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] sounds more elegant, sophisticated and somehow more masculine, strong and handsome. I know some very successful Ruperts. But the only [name_u]Remi[/name_u] I know got some serious school bullying. So [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] all the way for me.

I ADOREEE [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u] like I literally love it. Sounds like the smart lead detective or prince in a novel. I’m in love. Not a fan of the other choices though. (Not meant to be aggressive :sob::sob:)

[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u] on it’s own is a winner.

[name_m]Can[/name_m] I offer up [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] / [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]?

I think it’s classy, the flow is really smooth with all three, and Rafe/Rafey/Rafi are all sweet.

2 Likes