Help! 34 weeks! Mn Kingsley?!?!

I’m due in early [name_u]January[/name_u] with a boy and we still don’t have a first name!
Hubby is obsessed with the name [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] and has gotten our older kids on board with it. I don’t even mind it that much but it has a unisex feel to me which is not my cup of tea, and more importantly, I’m appalled by the idea that people might shorten it to [name_m]King[/name_m]. So we’ve compromised that it will be the middle name.

The problem is that, although we agree on a few first names, they all have a bad flow with [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] absolute 100% favourite name is [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] and hubby likes it too. But [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]? How much of a tragededeigh would that be?!
I also like [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] and so does hubby. But together with [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u], and our last name, the name would be very heavy on the S’s and sound lispy.
I also like [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] as an alternative to [name_m]Phineas[/name_m], and it does have a good flow with [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u], but it means “white skinned” and our baby will have brown skin. Plus hubby doesn’t seem as excited about it.
I also kind of like the names [name_u]Lionel[/name_u], [name_m]Bjorn[/name_m], [name_m]Elio[/name_m], [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] and [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m]. But they all either don’t have the best flow either or hubby is not feeling them.
Hubby is big into soccer and the only names he ever suggests are soccer player’s names :roll_eyes:
This is our last baby and I’m truly heartbroken about giving up [name_m]Kipling[/name_m]. I asked hubby the other day just how stuck he was on [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] as the middle name, and he got kind of grumpy, saying he was already sad about giving up [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] as the first name.

Our other children are:
[name_m]Quinton[/name_m] [name_m]Vladimir[/name_m]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Aviva[/name_f] [name_f]Bryony[/name_f]

The first two are inspired by family names, with the third we purely chose names that we liked and that’s what we are doing with the fourth one too.

Please somebody help us out!
Our should we just bite the bullet and name him [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] :grimacing:

How would you feel about a second middle to break up [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] and [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]? As in, [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_m]Antony[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u], just to put something random in as an example. [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] actually sounds amazing!

1 Like

You’re right that [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] doesn’t quite work :frowning_face:. From the names you mentioned I think [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] is very handsome, but if you are looking for more suggestions how about one of these:
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Orwell[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]

Kipling [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] isn’t the greatest flow, however you don’t often use both names together especially said out loud, it’s usually written on legal forms and such. So if [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] is what’s going to make you both happy that’s what I would go with (and really the more I say it, the less the flow bothers me)

I do like the suggest of adding a short second middle to improve the flow and keep both names like
[name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_m]Heath[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
Kipling [name_u]Dean[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]

Love your kids names

Kipling [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] actually sounds cool to me and I like [name_m]Phinneas[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] too

I think [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] sounds fine together!! I do like [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] too! I also like the suggestions of putting another middle name in between [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] and [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]. [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] is my favorite suggested other middle.

While the unisex aspect doesn’t bother me personally I am definitely on the same page with you on the [name_m]King[/name_m] bit.

I’ll be honest with you- the matchiness of two K surnames, [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u], I don’t find appealing. If [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] is for sure the middle I would personally give up [name_m]Kipling[/name_m].
That said some of the suggestions for another name between the two do actually sound quite nice comparatively, like [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_m]Elio[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u].
It’s a shame your partner isn’t on board with [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m] though since [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] actually has quite a nice ring to it.

Considering some of the names you’ve liked, as well as your other children’s names, maybe

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Broderick[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Byron[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Edgar[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Eero[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Fabian[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Gerard[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Gregor[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Hayden[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
Idro [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Inigo[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Isidore[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Ivor[/name_m]/ [name_m]Iver[/name_m]/ [name_m]Ifor[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]/ [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]/ [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Luther[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Nero[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Nigel[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Nyle[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Riordan[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Rudyard[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] (since [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] is possibly off the table?)
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Theron[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Tiago[/name_m]/ [name_m]Thiago[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Tybalt[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Tygo[/name_m]/ [name_m]Tycho[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Vale[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Vaughn[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Viktor[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Virgil[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Xander[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]

Some names that have a little similarity to [name_m]Kipling[/name_m]-
[name_m]Banning[/name_m]
[name_u]Channing[/name_u]
[name_m]Erling[/name_m]
[name_m]Ewing[/name_m]
[name_m]Irving[/name_m]
[name_m]Redding[/name_m]
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellington[/name_u]
[name_m]Harrington[/name_m]
[name_u]Lexington[/name_u]
[name_u]Remington[/name_u]
[name_m]Wellington[/name_m]
[name_m]Ingraham[/name_m]/ [name_m]Ingram[/name_m]
[name_u]Killian[/name_u]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]

Go with the names you love the most! Suggesting [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_m]Elio[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] - soooo handsome. [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] is great as well. I think the most important focus should be to use [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] as you both love it and have agreed on it, otherwise you will likely regret it if you choose something else. In the end it really doesn’t matter that this child has three names while the others have two as that is just what works!

1 Like

Just another note: I have two middle names and both of my siblings have one. It’s never been an issue.

1 Like

Hi there.

Your kids’ names are really fun. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] & [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] are just :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

Now, onto baby #4

I agree that [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] isn’t great. However, if your dh is okay w/Kipling as a fn & you’d regret not using it…then go for [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]. It’s not that bad. And [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] & super cute w/big brother, [name_m]Quinton[/name_m].

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

First and foremost your littles have great names and you have a wonderful list its a smash to see so much potential be hung up by a middle name…

Can you shorten to [name_m]King[/name_m]/Kingston or even [name_m]Knight[/name_m] or [name_u]Noble[/name_u] in place of [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]

Phineas [name_m]King[/name_m]
[name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_u]Noble[/name_u]
[name_u]Lionel[/name_u] [name_m]Kingston[/name_m]
[name_m]Bjorn[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Elio[/name_m] [name_m]King[/name_m]
[name_m]Laszlo[/name_m] [name_u]Noble[/name_u]
[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]

Other ideas:

Tavish [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] “[name_m]Baz[/name_m]”
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Osiris[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Tolliver[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Crispin[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] [name_m]King[/name_m]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Nehemiah[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Bronson[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Jensen[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Idris[/name_u] [name_u]Noble[/name_u]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Quade[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Hoyt[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Huon[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m] [name_u]Noble[/name_u] “[name_u]Zeke[/name_u]”

I really like [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] with your kids’ names but understand how can it be an issue for you. What about [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]?

How do you feel about [name_u]Rex[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] :heart_eyes: [name_u]Rex[/name_u] is Latin for [name_m]King[/name_m] so you’ve got yourself a double king there
I also thought of [name_u]Royce[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] how regal? Or [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] sounds super handsome
Other ideas
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]

Well as a name nerd I too am
Concerned w first middle name flow but in the end I think u should use a name u (or your husband love) over a name that flows well. Having said that I like ALL your other name options way more than [name_m]Kipling[/name_m]. Have u considered [name_u]Sol[/name_u]? It’s a soccer name! I like phineas [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] I think the flow is totally fine.

Choose the names you both love!
[name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] is pretty unique, and kinda cool sounding.

I came across the name Knightley [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] a couple of months ago. So if its worked for someone else, I’m sure it could work for you :wink:

I just came across the name Kypton, just thought I’d share it.

Kypton [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] or [name_m]Kipton[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]?

Well I love [name_m]Elio[/name_m], never heard before, how is it pronounced? And also [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Finnian[/name_m].
To be honest I kind of like the sound of [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u], it’s original. Also if the last name is different (without "I"s) I don’t think there would be a problem. It’s true that some people might make a joke about it, but I think it sounds lovely.

I would hesitate to let a middle name dictate a first name, ever. Actually, being honest, there’s no way I’d do that.

I would do one of three things:

1. Get rid of [name_m]Kingston[/name_m] and go for what you love best.
    or
  2. Go with [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] if husband unbending.
    or
  3. Give double middles. Like [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] or [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u].

No one ever says my middle name. I think that’s true for most of us. Go with [name_m]Kipling[/name_m]!

Kipling sounds very surname-y to me as I think of Rudyard Kipling, as does Kingsley (though I have met someone with that first name). I do love the nickname Kip though. I wonder if you would you consider Crispin Kingsley using Kip as the nickname? Quinton and Crispin seem good brother names to me. I also love Laszlo and feel Quinton Vladimir and Crispin Laszlo are well matched and better still, though understand wanting your hubby onboard.

I like [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]- I think it’s cool like and has like a superhero vibe. If the flow bothers you- I also like the suggestion of [name_m]Kipton[/name_m] as an alternative. But go with what you love!!!