Help! 38 weeks pregnant and struggling...

My wife is fit to burst, we’ve no idea of gender and due date is no longer creeping up, it’s running down the hall screaming! Please help!

Some background. we had no problem naming our son, [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] Henty (born [name_f]October[/name_f] 2012). The first name is mine and my fathers and the middle name is a maiden name from DW. Surname is O’[name_m]Connell[/name_m]. Yes, there is Irish ancestry… And yes he’s a [name_u]Paddy[/name_u], like me and his grandfather!

We’re struggling with names for the next one. I’m not bothered about Irish/Gaelic names. I think it’s unfair with our surname… Yes I know the irony but I figure the first born normally causes the most problems so the name was a pre-emptive strike.

FYI the middle name will be [name_m]Harry[/name_m] or [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] after DW’s late father.

Names we like for boys:

[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Barney[/name_m])

Names not on the list for boys:

[name_u]Jayden[/name_u], [name_u]Hayden[/name_u], [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] and other oiky ones.

Names we like for girls:

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u])
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Cece[/name_f])

Names not on the list for girls:

[name_f]Maisy[/name_f], [name_f]Nancy[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] etc.

Thanks chaps!

We are considering having a list of 3 for each and letting our 3 year old pick the winner out of a hat…

His choices at the moment are Dashi (octonauts fan) or [name_f]Rainbow[/name_f].

I thought controlling his choices was fairer…

I really love [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] “[name_m]Barney[/name_m]”, and I think it’s a perfect sibling name to [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] “[name_u]Paddy[/name_u]”. Of your girls’ choices, my favourite is [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] “[name_f]Cece[/name_f]” - it’s classic but unusual and has a fun nickname like [name_u]Paddy[/name_u]. [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] is a beautiful combo too.

Dashi or Rainbow would be my top picks though… haha, only kidding :wink:

Suggestions:

[name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] “[name_m]Monty[/name_m]”
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] / [name_m]Eoin[/name_m]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] “Ru”
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] “[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]”
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] or [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m] “[name_u]Max[/name_u]”
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Fintan[/name_m] “[name_u]Finn[/name_u]”
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] “[name_m]Benji[/name_m]”
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_u]Rafe[/name_u]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] “[name_u]Teddy[/name_u]”
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] “[name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]”
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] / [name_m]Casper[/name_m]

[name_f]Ellen[/name_f] “[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f] “[name_f]Cassie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f] “[name_f]Birdie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] “[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] “[name_f]Nell[/name_f]”
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] “[name_f]Ginny[/name_f]”
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] “[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]”
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] / [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] / [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] / [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] is beautiful.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_u]Francis[/name_u]

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] is great. I don’t care for the repeating “ee” endings of [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_m]Harry[/name_m]. So I’d go with another variant for the middle. [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_m]Harris[/name_m], [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_m]Harold[/name_m], [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_m]Hank[/name_m], [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_m]Hal[/name_m].

Like the PP said, [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_m]Harris[/name_m] would be great!

[name_m]Garrett[/name_m]/[name_m]Garrick[/name_m] [name_m]Harry[/name_m]/[name_m]Harris[/name_m] - [name_u]Garry[/name_u]/[name_u]Ricky[/name_u]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Harry[/name_m]/[name_m]Harris[/name_m] - [name_u]Sam[/name_u]/[name_u]Sammy[/name_u]
[name_u]Aiden[/name_u] [name_m]Harry[/name_m]/[name_m]Harris[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Harry[/name_m]/[name_m]Harris[/name_m] - [name_u]Alex[/name_u]/[name_u]Lex[/name_u]/[name_m]Xander[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Harry[/name_m]/[name_m]Harris[/name_m] - [name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_m]Harry[/name_m]/[name_m]Harris[/name_m] - Dec
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] [name_m]Harry[/name_m]/[name_m]Harris[/name_m] - [name_u]Dash[/name_u]

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] is perfect!

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] - [name_f]Lissie[/name_f]/[name_f]Cece[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] -[name_u]Mattie[/name_u]/[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] - [name_u]June[/name_u]/[name_f]Junie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] - [name_f]Tabby[/name_f]/[name_f]Tibby[/name_f]/Ithy
[name_f]Jessamine[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] - [name_u]Jess[/name_u]/[name_f]Jessa[/name_f]/[name_f]Minnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] - [name_f]Delia[/name_f]/[name_f]Lilah[/name_f]/[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] - [name_f]Sera[/name_f]/Phina/[name_f]Fifi[/name_f]

[name_f]Johanna[/name_f] Harryette,[name_f]Casandra[/name_f] Harryet, Crishayna(cris-shay-na),[name_f]Hanna[/name_f] Harryett, [name_f]Shandra[/name_f], [name_f]Porsha[/name_f], ,[name_f]Brianna[/name_f], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] or Feona, Veona,[name_f]Shayna[/name_f], [name_u]Rubey[/name_u], [name_f]Shanna[/name_f]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] with [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]! And [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] is awesome, the best ever. I hate to even suggest anymore names because you already have beautiful ones.
But maybe:

[name_f]Jemima[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]

Ok so I got it wrong in the first place! It’s [name_m]Barnabus[/name_m] not [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]… Which actually sounds better (as mentioned before by someone else) with [name_m]Harry[/name_m] as a middle.

Thanks for all your suggestions!

I’m putting the following to “committee”:

[name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] ([name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the nn [name_f]Flick[/name_f]!)

Wow… if it’s a boy and we only have the one name… They better look like a [name_m]Barney[/name_m]!