Help a friend who wants to name her baby Savannah

A friend of mine, aged 17, has just had a baby girl. She hasn’t given it a name yet but is considering using [name]Savannah[/name].

If anyone can save this baby from being given this names it’s you :slight_smile: PLEASE, I need a list of alternatives to [name]Savannah[/name] to give to her to try and persuade her not to use this name.

Thankyou in advance!

I don’t think [name]Savannah[/name] is terrible at all. I can’t necessarily say I would use it myself, but I think it’s sweet, and if she loves it, I don’t think you should try too hard to persuade her against it . . . it could be a LOT worse!

I agree with Jlm. [name]Savannah[/name] is kind of popular, but if she loves it she should definitely use it. It could be much worse!!

However, here are some other names she might like:
[name]Sariah[/name]
[name]Selena[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Savita[/name]
[name]Sabina[/name]

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

[name]EDIT[/name]:
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Angeline[/name]/[name]Angelina[/name]
[name]Mirabella[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]/[name]Adriana[/name]
[name]Evadne[/name]
*[name]Sabina[/name]
*Ettienna

[name]Savannah[/name]… not the best name out there. Here are some that sound similar, or sound like they would appeal to a trendy namer:

[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Alison[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Marissa[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]

Hey my name is [name]Savannah[/name]! And I love my name! People call me Savi, and I have always gotten comments about how my name is ‘so pretty’. It is getting more and more common, but I still think its a good choice! If you absolutely can not stand it, or she doesnt love it- what about:
[name]Natalia[/name] [nn [name]Tali[/name]]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Alexis[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Shiloh[/name]
[name]Annaliese[/name]

All these are kinda random suggestions, theyre just names I like and she might as well- let us know what she decides on!

I don’t think [name]Savannah[/name] is a bad name at all. I wouldn’t personally use it, but, like JLM said, it could be a LOT worse!! My brother is friends with a [name]Savannah[/name], and she is a pretty, upbeat teenager and everyone likes her.

Why is it, exactly, that you are opposed to it, and why does she want to name her daughter [name]Savannah[/name]? (Keep in mind…this is HER baby, not yours, and if she absolutely loves the name there is no reason she should not use it)

I think that [name]Savannah[/name] is a lovely name! But, do you know what it is about it that she likes?

Some names similar in style or sound :
Saranna
[name]Scarlett[/name] - popular
Hosanna
[name]Annabel/name - popular
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Rosanna[/name]
[name]Roxanne[/name]/a
[name]Anya[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name].

Other place names :
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name]
[name]Nova[/name] ([name]Scotia[/name])
[name]Ailsa[/name] ([name]Craig[/name]).

Good luck to your friend!

Oops, I accidentally backspaced a bunch of names from my previous post! Here they are:

[name]Zenobia[/name]
[name]Melania[/name]
[name]Violetta[/name]
[name]Zaniah[/name]
[name]Athena[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name]/[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Annora[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]
Caliana
[name]Amadea[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]/[name]Rowena[/name]
[name]Valencia[/name]
[name]Ziola[/name]
[name]Amadea[/name]
[name]Ariana[/name]
[name]Katerina[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Emiliana[/name]/[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]

I loved the suggestion of [name]Anneliese[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]EDIT[/name]:
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Meliora[/name]
[name]Sanchia[/name]
[name]Giada[/name]/[name]Gianna[/name]
[name]Giovanna[/name]/[name]Giustina[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Delfina[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Magdalena[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]! If she loves [name]Savannah[/name], that’s what’s important. Whatever name she goes with, I hope that she and her baby are doing well! :slight_smile:

(Sorry for repeats!)

Names that share some of [name]Savannah[/name]'s sounds:

[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] (so popular, though)
[name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]

If she likes exotic names:

[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Simona[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]

Less exotic names that remind me of [name]Savannah[/name]'s modern feel:

[name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]

Place names:

[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]

She may also like [name]Scarlett[/name].

Take care!

Thankyou all so much for your suggestions!

And I’m sorry, I probably didn’t word my first post that well. I don’t hate the name [name]Savannah[/name], I just think there are so many nicer names out there. She seems to have just decided on it without really thinking about it. She isn’t sure about it, which shows she doesn’t love it, and almost every single person she’s mentioned it to has disliked it.

I will definitely pass on your suggestions to her and let you know what she thinks :slight_smile:

Maybe your friend isn’t sure about the name because she’s a very young mother and may be feeling overwhelmed in general. And of course, mothers of all ages often have last minute doubts about the name they’ve chosen. That comes up again and again in baby name discussions.

[name]Savannah[/name] isn’t among my favorite names, but I think it’s fine. It meets my basic criteria – spelled the usual way, established name, sounds nice. I think [name]Savannah[/name] is a pretty name and may be more in line with your friend’s tastes than many of the names others have suggested. This is, after all, her daughter, so first and foremost I think she shouldn’t be discouraged from using the name she wants, particularly since there really is nothing ‘wrong’ with [name]Savannah[/name].

I can understand your concern that your friend’s baby have the best name possible, and I think it’s all right to suggest a few other names as long as you don’t say anything negative about [name]Savannah[/name], the name your friend chose (for whatever reasons) and may very well end up being the baby’s name.

Your friend and her baby are lucky to have a friend who cares so much about them. Please let us know her final decision on her baby’s name.

My cousin named her baby [name]Savannah[/name]. I think it’s a beautiful name.

Either way, unless your friend asked you to get name suggestions for her, I don’t think I would feel comfortable giving suggestions unless asked by the future parent.

[name]Savannah[/name] isn’t a weird name at all, but really common. I don’t see what’s wrong with it.

I love [name]Savannah[/name]…it’s on our list. If I were you I wouldn’t even mention not liking it, because it’s her baby and her name. Maybe you can give her a list of names you like, but don’t say anything about trying to change her view.

It’s hard enough naming a baby, let alone, finding and settling on a name and then having someone try to change your mind. Everyone has their own opinions, as a friend, I don’t think you should express yours. It’s not an off the wall, crazy name.

[name]Savannah[/name] is lovely and I think that once you associate her baby with the name it won’t be such a big deal anyways.

She decided to name her baby [name]Savannah[/name] [name]Madison[/name]. Completely and utterly not my style but, as you all said, it’s her baby not mine, and if she likes it that’s what matters :slight_smile: The biggest problem I have with it really, is the initials - I only think of S&M.

Thankyou all for your suggestions and advice :slight_smile:

I think [name]Savannah[/name] is lovely - pass my congratulations on to your friend!

And I’m glad that [name]Madison[/name] got relegated to the middle, if it had to be there at all … (but of course, don’t pass that on!).