Help! Adopting baby girl in two weeks!

My husband I found out we’d be adopting a baby girl last week and she’s due 12/16. We have a son named [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]Zane[/name_m]. My husband and son are both in love with the name [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] and while I love [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] I am worried about it being such a popular name as well as how it goes with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m].

Other names on my list are [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] and [name_f]Abigail[/name_f].

Of these four, what do you think goes best with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]? Any other names we should consider? I should say my husband won’t do anything too unique and he prefers girl names, nothing unisex or boyish. I really like simple, short names that will be cute on a little girl but will age well.

Please help! I’m starting to freak out about everything else and would love to have a name nailed down.

I think [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is lovely and goes well with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]. Only you can decide about popularity. As they say, popular names are not as popular as they used to be.

I also think [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] is great and goes well with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]. I’m not a fan of [name_f]Nora[/name_f] - it feels harsh to me. I like [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] and it goes well, but you’d be swapping one popular name for another? [name_f]Nora[/name_f] is also popular.

I like [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] for you. Congratulations!

[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]!

I really like [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] and I think it goes well with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]. Although I slightly prefer the [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] spelling, feel more complete to me. I don’t know any [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]’s and only one [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], so to me the name doesn’t feel too popular.

I think [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] goes perfectly with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], as does [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]. Other names I love with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] are [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] or [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]!

Congrats! I think [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] sounds lovely with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]. My second choice would be [name_f]Nora[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is perfect. It actually isn’t particularly common – it’s at #145. I know that [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is quite popular but I think a lot of people use it as a shortcut to the nickname “[name_f]Bella[/name_f].”

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is very popular. I prefer it as a middle name. I really love [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]. Here are some other names that would sound good with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m].

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Camille[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

All of your choices are lovely and work well with the brother name. In my circles, [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is quite popular (often two Isabels or Isabellas in a classroom), [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] are fairly popular (but I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] both those names) and I have never met a [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]. I think you have to decide if your love of [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] outweighs your concerns about popularity. Personally, I would probably use popular name if it was my favorite.

[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] go great together imo! I also love [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] and [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] :).

I like the subtle tie of the “z” sound in both [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] & [name_f]Isabel[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] and think it goes great with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]. My second choice would be [name_f]Nora[/name_f], but [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] and [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] are also great names. You can’t really go wrong!

If you don’t love the others or really, really love [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] then use it. But if you aren’t wanting to feel like she has a run of the mill name then chose something else (I love [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]). I have an [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and a [name_f]Freya[/name_f], they are twins. When we named them I had no idea how popular [name_f]Isla[/name_f] was it is now like top 10 or 20 or something in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] and I have met other [name_f]Isla[/name_f]'s. [name_f]Freya[/name_f]'s named entered the top 100 this year for the first time I think in the 60s somewhere. I had been using the American numbers and so didn’t really realise how popular they were becoming in [name_f]Canada[/name_f]. I do still love both names but I also don’t feel they are ‘special’ in the way I would liked them to be. In hindsight I think I probably would have chosen differently if I had known they would both skyrocket in popularity. It just depends on what is important to you. Best of luck deciding:)

I don’t think any of them go particularly well with Welsley, but [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] are my favorites with it. If you love [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], then I say use it.

I love [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] and imho the other names you are considering pale in comparison (out of those [name_f]Nora[/name_f] would be my second choice). [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] are actually pretty steadily in the 100’s on the SSA list, although [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] ranks really high, so it definitely feels more popular than it actually is. I personally don’t care very much about popularity - popular names aren’t what they used to be anyway, there is so much diversity in names now. You might be in an area where multiple people you know already have girls called [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/le/la, which would make me hesistate as well, but otherwise I don’t quite see the problem. She’s definitely going to meet some people sharing her name, but she might also well be the only [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] in her grade. I’d personally worry about the trendiness of a name more than its popularity. Names like [name_f]Aria[/name_f] or [name_u]Harper[/name_u], which got little use as a name in the past, are shooting up the charts now but may well be gone in 20 years from now, tying their bearers to the 2010’s. [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is a classic name that has been around for centuries, and although it may fade in and out of use it will never be “trendy”.

I like [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]. Congratulations!

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]!