Help!! - baby 1 week old - Henry of Hugo?!! In the uk

I really need some help. My baby boy is 1 week old and we are in the middle of name deadlock. I like [name_m]Henry[/name_m] but my husband doesn’t. He says he can live with [name_m]Henry[/name_m] but I think he’s struggling. We both think [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is nice but don’t love it. [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is a compromise for both of us but perhaps one we can both work with.

We are in the UK ([name_f]Scotland[/name_f]) if that makes a difference. I like the timeless nature of [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and do worry that [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is rising fast albeit in [name_f]England[/name_f] and that there is a strong influence of reality tv ‘made in chelsea’. I don’t want to give my son what might become a tacky name. Is [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] timeless enough.

Please, I would love some thoughts?

We’re in [name_f]England[/name_f] and I’d say go with [name_m]Henry[/name_m] rather than [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]. There aren’t many [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]'s in our neck of the woods and any that are are probably at private school but personally I prefer [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. Are there any other names you both like?

No other names really. We’ve come to the end of our search. Husband loves [name_u]Noah[/name_u] but it’s sudden popularity puts it off the list for me. He likes [name_m]Callum[/name_m] but when I do a search for [name_m]Callum[/name_m] he comes up as the naughty boy at school. I think [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] will get less posh with its increase in popularity but I worry that it might be trendy.

I like [name_u]Noah[/name_u] but yes it does seem to be quite popular. Unfortunately callum conjures up the same image for me to callum, [name_m]Connor[/name_m] and [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] are the naughty ones at my kids school.

These are some of my favourites, I’ll throw them out there just in case

[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Jago[/name_m]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Harry[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]

I adore [name_m]Henry[/name_m]! I have never understood the appeal of [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is one of those warm fuzzy kind if names. If you want suggestions:

[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Albert[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Heath[/name_m]

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] is one of my favourites along with [name_m]Harry[/name_m], whereas [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] just seems horrid to me. Sorry! It is often described as pretentious whenever I suggest it to anyone here in the UK and I must admit it does conjure images of the “upper class twit” stereotype, at least to me. Wasn’t there a [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] in the Vicar of Dibley? That might explain my view but of course many people seem to like it so clearly not everyone feels the same way. I prefer [name_m]Hugh[/name_m], but if you both like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] then go for it.

Otherwise some names I would consider timeless include [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]John[/name_m], [name_m]Anthony[/name_m], [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Robert[/name_m], [name_m]Richard[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Ephraim[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]George[/name_m], [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_m]Alfred[/name_m], Alexander, Michael and [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]. Best of luck!